The Warrior Within

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The philosophies of Bruce Lee to better understand the world around you and achieve a rewarding life. :rtfm: I just bought this book along with a few others and I love it. I highly reccomend it. I have learned quite a bit. The one thing that surprised me the most was chapter four on yin and yang. I always thought the Yin(the black part) represented Hard, and the Yang was the soft. Being that yang is represented by the color white, I ASSumed it was soft, and black to be hard. Funny how I never new that until now. I guess my common since isnt as good as I thought. Anyway, buy this book if you are in to martial arts philosophies, its great! Any other books by Bruce Lee that you guys and girls might reccomend? :yinyang:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
DeLamar.J said:
I always thought the Yin(the black part) represented Hard, and the Yang was the soft. Being that yang is represented by the color white, I ASSumed it was soft, and black to be hard. Funny how I never new that until now.
Think of it this way - white reflects light/energy - hard. Black absorbs light/energy - soft.

OP
DeLamar.J

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
How come in this book the black part comes first, and on your avatar the white comes first? :yinyang:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
DeLamar.J said:
Any other books by Bruce Lee that you guys and girls might reccomend?
The Tao of Gung Fu is interesting. It shows the areas of classical Chinese martial arts which Bruce Lee investigated before becoming "liberated".

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
DeLamar.J said:
How come in this book the black part comes first, and on your avatar the white comes first? :yinyang:
Because you are looking at the back side of it. I have it facing towards me. See, from my side it looks correct.:rofl:

OP
DeLamar.J

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you see?

yinyangwave.jpg

S

shaolinchi

DeLamar, that picture is awesome. I would definitely recommend "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. I'm sure it has been said numerous times, but this book is a great read.