The Swordlady in motion

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is the noto you did standard? It looks a bit unusual to my eye. And I have to keep my reputation up as a pain in the posterior by pointing out that the last draw seemed to be almost in two stages. (But I bet you already know that. It is a lot harder to do it than spot it.)

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I figured the humidity sometimes causes the sheath to "stick"

M

MisterMike

Very interesting. I always enjoy seeing different kata. I have done similar MJER kata and noticed slight differences in the chiburi and noto, which to me, are just as important in expressing the beauty of the art. Good work!

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Is the noto you did standard? It looks a bit unusual to my eye. And I have to keep my reputation up as a pain in the posterior by pointing out that the last draw seemed to be almost in two stages. (But I bet you already know that. It is a lot harder to do it than spot it.)
As The Kai pointed out, the blade was a bit stuck to the saya. I was using a new iaito, and the blade got a little stuck a couple times.

Todd: I've been studying Yagyu Shinkage Ryu for the past six months. I actually started nine years ago, but my sensei moved to New Jersey. I finally caught up with him last December. I have about a year's worth of training, including my brief stint back in 1996.

K

Kempogeek

Really enjoyed the tameshigiri clip. Unfortunately i couldn't load the other clip. According to Web Tv, it had too much information for it to use. I guess too many MBs for its system. Boy I can't wait to upgrade to a notebook. Anyway, I did dabble in Iaido as part of my training in Kosho Ryu Kempo and enjoyed it alot. I hope to continue when I return to my training later this year. Hopefully by then I can move from a practice wooden bokken to a real one, not to mention purchasing the proper attire. Continued success and good luck......Steve