Tgace in motion

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well..here it goes.

ALIBIS:

The video: Off of a cheap 2.1MP HP camera. Ran out of memory about 6 moves short of completing the form. My short attention span 12 y.o. was holding the camera hence the "monkey cam". I ran it through a batch converter to MPEG explaining the little logo at the bottom (at least it was freeware).

Me: Im doing my best here with a Balintawak (Bobby T's) "shadow fighting form". I am hopefully a little more polished at it now, there are little "gaps" where you can tell Im trying to remember the next piece. Sacrificed some form for speed here and am a little "tight".

And lay off the complexion. I work midnights ya know!
icon10.gif

http://martialtalk.com/videos/tomg_sff.mpg MPG 3.58MB

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool clip, Tom. Thanks!

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
looks good man. i couldn't possibly begin to criticize it, i've never stick fought. thanks for posting man :) .

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What complexion. you look like a gost :)

Nice video thanks
I have not seen that form befor I like it

K

Kempogeek

I enjoyed that very much and to me the form looked good. But that's just me . I was fortunate enough to be able to see the clip on here. I haven't been able to see some other videos. The only other one was Swordlady's cutting test clip. So anytime I can get this unit to show videos, Im happy. Continued success sir. Looks like this Members in Motion section is going to be a keeper.....Steve

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, just when I think I'm starting to get a grip on defense techniques against a club I watch these clips of you and Bob and have to really start to re-think exactly what I'm doing. Against an opponent who was just swinging a pool cue or tire iron like an idiot because he was, well, an idiot I'd do alright but against someone with training like the two of you? Back to the drawing board for me. :rolleyes:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice job to both you and monkey cam.

But given that he is 12 I think his part was harder to do; because you made that look easy. Remind me that If we ever get into a bar fight and your on my side to give you the stick and if your not on my side not only keep the stick but also run like the wind.

Run forest run...

Nice/

Rick

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very nice... by the way... what's with the complexion? Ought to get more sun ya know? (hee hee.... :D :D :D )

by the way this is my 2100'st post... :uhyeah:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
VERY cool! Thanks. I hate to think how many times I woulda bounced that thing off my head. :rolleyes:

Oh, and congratulations, MACaver! 2100 posts makes you an offiial post whore. :boing2:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tom very cool! :ultracool Nice job of keeping the stick close on the transitions across your back! I promise not to mention anything about how hiney white you look! :D

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What you lack in colour you certainly make up for in skill - good video clip!!!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tom, thanks for sharing that! That's a pretty groovy form, I dig a'plenty. Unfortunately, my quicktime is non-perfect working, so I was only able to watch you run through it once, then quicktime won't let me play through again. Probably something to do with an overload of whiteness. :p

Seriously, it was great, and I look forward to further contributions from you and the rest of the membership. Thanks again. :asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, don't listen to them, Tom. Sun is OVERRATED! :ultracool

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ya know Ive seriously thought about hitting one of those "Total Tan" joints during my lunch break. A few are open 24hrs. But Im afraid of falling asleep on one of the beds while everybody is calling me as the Dillenger Gang goes on a crime spree through town. :)

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Well..here it goes.

ALIBIS:

The video: Off of a cheap 2.1MP HP camera. Ran out of memory about 6 moves short of completing the form. My short attention span 12 y.o. was holding the camera hence the "monkey cam". I ran it through a batch converter to MPEG explaining the little logo at the bottom (at least it was freeware).

Me: Im doing my best here with a Balintawak (Bobby T's) "shadow fighting form". I am hopefully a little more polished at it now, there are little "gaps" where you can tell Im trying to remember the next piece. Sacrificed some form for speed here and am a little "tight".

And lay off the complexion. I work midnights ya know!
icon10.gif

http://martialtalk.com/videos/tomg_sff.mpg MPG 3.58MB
I recognise many of the moves from a short staff form I learned. I don't do any of them nearly as fast. Whoosh! Nice speed.

Latest Discussions