The Purina Diet

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Science Diet is crap nutritionally, except for the special diets... Innova, now, that's good, quality, complete food!

Damn advertisers, always taking advantage of my naivete`:(

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn advertisers, always taking advantage of my naivete`:(

You were taken in by the name, probably. The implication is, the stuff is engineered for maximum nutrition. Such is the power of words... I'm just waiting for Wolfgang Puck to come out with a line of crunchies!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
True, but the point of the Purina diet is to loose weight :)...It I am here for a good time, I would like some southern country fried chicken with mashed potatos and corn bread!

And the gravy, don't forget the gravy. Every country fried chicken meal I have had was swimming in brown gravy. :) mmmmmm, just listen to those arteries clog!

As for the Purina Diet, go for the Puppy Chow! Just like alpha-bits when you add milk. :)

OP
Ping898

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
And the gravy, don't forget the gravy. Every country fried chicken meal I have had was swimming in brown gravy. :) mmmmmm, just listen to those arteries clog!

No no....see there is garlic in the mashed potatos and garlic is good for you...counteracts the gravy :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for Lola and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........ Duh!

I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. Her eyes about bugged out of her head.
I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was buying it.
I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.
I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.
Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.
I said no.....I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me.
I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out the door.

The problem with eating Dog or Cat food is Ash. There are laws that state the food has to be covered in ASH so as to make unconsumable for humans. The Ash can cause problems in the kidneys or bladder, crystals or stones. Sometimes total Kidney Failure.

There are some neighborhood stores that ask this, in particular of old retired people, to make sure they have a dog and not on the Purina Diet.

On the not so serious side. ;) :D

Do you have a before and after picture of you in the road? :lol: