The Perfect Rules?

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your facts are kind of in question. Saying facts doesn't make them facts.

Looking at the links of these "Facts" It is not anywhere near as cut and dries as you are pretending them to be.

Mabye if a person who understands the biomecanics of striking came along and started saying the science is decided. I might be more easily convinced.

As it is I think it is more the conclusion you want it to be. Rather than what is.

Personally I think the ten count and the crappy health rules regarding boxers are a bigger contributing factor to head trauma than gloves
I don't say they are facts. Organizations like the British Medical Association say they are such. BUT if you think you are more knowledgeable than medical associations and those who have studied over a hundred years of competitive fighting, that is on you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only women I treat as equals are those willing to go toe to toe with me. Though, saddly, it's been everything but MA thus far. Even my Wife, who shares my career, doesnt share my MA passion. Win some lose some I suppose because all the other boxes are ticked ;)

One of the difficulties for female fighters ( and athletes in all sports) is that the dedication needed to get to the top tends to preclude most outside activities including dating and relationships. One of the reasons I imagine that Ronda Rousey's mother is still so involved in her is that it's hard for other people outside the family to understand the pressures. Even the family find it hard sometimes.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of the difficulties for female fighters ( and athletes in all sports) is that the dedication needed to get to the top tends to preclude most outside activities including dating and relationships. One of the reasons I imagine that Ronda Rousey's mother is still so involved in her is that it's hard for other people outside the family to understand the pressures. Even the family find it hard sometimes.

I get that. She needs to prove more, as messed up as it is than I needed to. Me. I worked hard and simply say "did you work a case like this!?". If the answer is "nope" I am given respect on that experience. My wife needs to point to the stripes on her shoulder to get the same respect, and that is not right and the effort she had to go through (vs me) for that respect? Not right at all.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't say they are facts

It is a fact that gloves allow people to hit harder with less chance of injury to the hand, as well as less superficial injuryHe to the head/face being struck. It is a fact that since the gloves were introduced the number of KO's and TKO's from striking has gone up. It is also a fact that the gloves do not actually reduce the incident of TMA/concussions and with the increase of KO's TKOs the incidence of TMA rises in relation to the pre-glove era. A KO is actually a symptom of TMA. There is also supporting data that the incidence of death in modern boxing is higher than the bare knuckle era.

Now I am pretty sure that you are not the british medical association. But if you can find where they have said they were facts. That might help out your cause here.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions