The one and only

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you had access to all the great practitioners of TKD who would you choose to train under abg what would you hope to gain from that training?
Terry

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chuck Glandville. He was my first instructor, he passed away in 1988. I would listen just that much more.

General Choi would be my second choice.

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

The two instructors I would most like to train under are greats of combat martial arts and of Taekwon-Do in general, but I doubt no one will no their names.

Kim Bo Kyum, formerly a Sgt. Major of the Repulic of Korea Marine Corps, was my instructor's (whom is also my Father) primary instructor during the Vietnam War. He was the RoK Taekwon-Do Instructors Group Instructor from 1969 through 1971. Unfortunately, he is listed as one of the many listed as Kidnapped / MIA in the boarder war on the 38th parrallel. This dates back to 1983 so the odds he is alive are very minimal.

Second would be Suh Jang Mook who was my instructors senior during the same period of time, he was a brother and training partner to my instructor.

My Father often comments that he wished I could have been under the instruction of these two "if for only a few months"! My Father is a magnificent practitioner and instructor (who can display the function of the art) based on his instructing ability I would trust that I would reap many benefits from these instructors, not to mention the psychological pleasure I would receive training under one of my Fathers instructors. After all these are the real deal Oh Do Kwan Taekwon-Do combat soldiers!

TAEKWON!
Spooks

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spookey said:
Dear All,

The two instructors I would most like to train under are greats of combat martial arts and of Taekwon-Do in general, but I doubt no one will no their names.

Kim Bo Kyum, formerly a Sgt. Major of the Repulic of Korea Marine Corps, was my instructor's (whom is also my Father) primary instructor during the Vietnam War. He was the RoK Taekwon-Do Instructors Group Instructor from 1969 through 1971. Unfortunately, he is listed as one of the many listed as Kidnapped / MIA in the boarder war on the 38th parrallel. This dates back to 1983 so the odds he is alive are very minimal.

Second would be Suh Jang Mook who was my instructors senior during the same period of time, he was a brother and training partner to my instructor.

My Father often comments that he wished I could have been under the instruction of these two "if for only a few months"! My Father is a magnificent practitioner and instructor (who can display the function of the art) based on his instructing ability I would trust that I would reap many benefits from these instructors, not to mention the psychological pleasure I would receive training under one of my Fathers instructors. After all these are the real deal Oh Do Kwan Taekwon-Do combat soldiers!

TAEKWON!
Spooks

That is awesome homage. I am glad to see that I am not the only son of an instructor. My father is a hapkido master, 5th dan. Now if I could pick out of anyone, well let's see. I am happy and content with the group of instructors I have now. Grandmaster Charles Hildebrand, Master Rick Schutt, and Mr. Bill Evans, 4th dan. They to me are just the embodiment of Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. They learned from Lee H. Park. Great Grandmaster Park died in 1987.

Before anyone asks why I didn't say my father. The answer is simple: I am too close to the source, I grew up in his house. I see him differently then just being a Master in Hapkido. I have always hung on every word he has said.