The Most Effective Knife Defence (Sorry)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
So drink a lot of Sunny D before you walk through a high crime neighborhood! lol

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I referenced Sunny D because of the movie JUNO, and I almost said, "Instead of Bruce Lee's quote 'be like water,' you should be like Juno." But I did not know how many people would get it. Most of my references go unnoticed.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I referenced Sunny D because of the movie JUNO, and I almost said, "Instead of Bruce Lee's quote 'be like water,' you should be like Juno." But I did not know how many people would get it. Most of my references go unnoticed.
I'm not familiar with that movie, so it would have gone right over my head.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that movie, so it would have gone right over my head.

It's about a teenage girl who thinks she is pregnant so she goes to the store and buys a pregnancy test. She chugs a bunch of Sunny D so she can urinate on the stick to find out. When it comes out positive, she buys another test and more Sunny D, and keeps on chugging and peeing until she has to face the facts. It was an okay movie; I didn't find it as charming as some, but I didn't outright hate it.

At any rate...enough about that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's about a teenage girl who thinks she is pregnant so she goes to the store and buys a pregnancy test. She chugs a bunch of Sunny D so she can urinate on the stick to find out. When it comes out positive, she buys another test and more Sunny D, and keeps on chugging and peeing until she has to face the facts. It was an okay movie; I didn't find it as charming as some, but I didn't outright hate it.

At any rate...enough about that.
Ah, an apt reference, then!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's always good to start out the morning with a good chuckle. Thanks for that.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
W...T...F

As for Juno, the movie is worth a watch. I liked it.

I was indifferent to it personally, but I can see how others could get into it.

I mean, it had references to Dario Argento and the Melvins. That was pretty cool.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well he didn't get stabbed so that is a positive. When threatened with extreme violence
some times the body will prepare to take care of business. In this case he had a full bladder
so it emptied. It could easily have been a #2. If this happens to you do not be shocked but
take care of business if you need to!

Here is a write up by Marc MacYoung on Adrenal Stress
http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/adrenal.htm

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well he didn't get stabbed so that is a positive. When threatened with extreme violence
some times the body will prepare to take care of business. In this case he had a full bladder
so it emptied. It could easily have been a #2. If this happens to you do not be shocked but

Adrenal Stress in Crisis
Absolutely! My reaction was amazement - that was a LOT of urine. He apparently would have been rushing to a bathroom if the robber hadn't interrupted. And, hey, it would certainly be something for an attacker/robber to focus on, to give you an opening if necessary.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The reason why this didn't work is because he did it all wrong. You have to pull down your pants first and take aim at the person with the knife. Peeing in your pants is just a waste of good ammo.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adrenal Stress in Crisis
Great article by MacYoung. My favorite quote (in the next article): "There is no ultimate fighting system that will magically make your dick grow to your knees."

That's it. I'm out.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

Adrenal Stress in Crisis

I would add that dumping urine or feces is indeed fight or flight. Flight; you are lighter as he says. Fight; if you are injured in the abdomen, there is a reduced likelihood of infection from the spread of urine and/or feces. I don't really know one way or the other, but I am not sure that is because of the adrenaline dump or just a separate response to fight or flight.

Dumping wastes would be an embarrassment to most of us. You need to try ahead of time to accommodate yourself to that happening. It isn't as likely as you might think, but it does happen. If so, just be forthright about it to 1st responders (you won't be the first one they have seen do it), get to a bathroom as soon as possible for a quick cleanup, then get to your home for a more proper cleanup.

Tell people close to you in whom you have confidence in their discretion about not telling the rest of the world. Believe it or not, that will help most people to minimize it in their minds and get over it.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great article by MacYoung. My favorite quote (in the next article): "There is no ultimate fighting system that will magically make your dick grow to your knees."

That's it. I'm out.

Is that why so many guys cross train in one martial art after another, looking and hoping? :) :) :)

Latest Discussions