The mathematics of Kenpo

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
The term is complementary, not complimentary. The first refers to completion, the second to appreciation. The notion of a 'complement' occurs frequently in mathematics.

But of course it was the context the term was used in that implied its usage was for a particular angle of movement and not just saying something nice... Then again I did not know angles could be nice to each other. Is there something youre not telling me Arnisador exceptin my proof reading is non existent?

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Parker put a tremendous amount of effort into the study of the structure of the body, then of bodies interacting. He created a nomenclature whereby these concepts could be communicated orally, and obviously felt they were of value.

I suspect this is why Mr. Parker will live on in history for quite awhile. He actually made an attempt to analyze martial geometry and physics using the english language, and while that analysis can certainly evolve and develop, the fact remains he initiated it.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Complementary as defined in Infinite Insights is: ...strike or block that follows a path or angle that parallels an attacking weapon, defensive posture, the countour of an opponent..."

Latest Discussions