the martial arts channel

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Idea sounds good and the channel looks like it should have some godo stuff.

Although the video commercial has me confused. I know the saying, Statistics do not lie yet Liars can create statistics.

I am not trying to call anyone a liar, just confused.

The Ad mentions that the Martial Arts Industry is over $10 Billion Dollars.

The Channel will put you in touch with over $250 Billion dollar spendign power

The Martial Arts , Including Movies and videos et al, is over $40 Billion

All of these are for a year. I know that all of these have different qualifiers and therefore are most likely correct. It just confuses me why people beleive they need to throw around this type of data. Give me the graphs :D, and raw data, then I can see it for what it is. Otherwise, it makes me wonder about their intentions ;)

Oh Well, it should still be a good channel :cool:

OP
S

Shinzu

yeah i think it looks good also, but i want to see if they can really pull it off 24 hours a day.

OP
G

gman

Looks cool. Biut I seem to hear about these kinds of channels then nothing materializes. I think the most recent was Black Belt TV. I have direcTV and would hope they get something soon.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Possibilities:

1) Channel never materializes
2) Actually begins to air programming, but is limited to digital cable/satellite/pay channel/etc.

Cthulhu

OP
D

Disco

And after a couple of months it will most likely turn into Kung-Fu Theater and Tae Bo commericals.:drink2tha

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Disco
And after a couple of months it will most likely turn into Kung-Fu Theater and Tae Bo commericals.:drink2tha

Gee, thanx for raining on my parade..................:(

OP
D

Disco

It would be nice if it would be as we kind of wish it would be:mst:

But in reality, you know that they will run out of any good stuff that they may have stumbled on to and then they'll fill the time slots with whatever they can get their hands on, like - Basket weaving and dim mak, do they go together:rofl: The Bo, weapon and fishing pole:rolleyes: Knitting with your sai's:p

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Disco
It would be nice if it would be as we kind of wish it would be:mst:

But in reality, you know that they will run out of any good stuff that they may have stumbled on to and then they'll fill the time slots with whatever they can get their hands on, like - Basket weaving and dim mak, do they go together:rofl: The Bo, weapon and fishing pole:rolleyes: Knitting with your sai's:p

But not about the rain?!?

Truthfully, you're correct..........................:(

OP
S

Shinzu

truth be told i feel they would run out of material also and start running old movies also to take up space. it would become like the food network...everone would consider themselves a master then.

OP
G

gman

The channel could put tons of stuff on. Live events and movies (old and new). I haven't seen "The Five Deadly Venoms" in years, I could watch that a couple times.:D

Latest Discussions