the long line

kevin kilroe

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What is the significance in traveling "the long line" in kenpo forms, such as in long 2 going to 1:30 with the push down, rotating twist,outward elbow followed by the claw sequence then traveling back up the line with the overhead inward elbows, and then to 10:30 in short 3? Any thoughts?

Respectfully,

Kevin Kilroe

M

MisterMike

To make you think and get you looking at the forms more deeply.

You'll notice at the end of the long line in Long Form 2 there is a "Forward Bow" with a "Right Horizontal Punch" followed by a "Left Forearm Block."

You'll also notice that the matches to these are not located in Long Form 2.

Also, there are a lot of things done in 3's (ex: left, right left), to which the 4th(ex: right), is usually somewhere else.

Categorizing the forms and finding all the rights, lefts, opposites and reverses is part of the fun and reveals the genuis of Parker's system.

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I read some where that Jimmy Wing Woo was the driving force behind this form, can anyone add a little bit of fact too this bit of hearsay?
Richard

M

MisterMike

Waiddaminnit

:drink2tha

There, now that article makes better sense.

:)

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
like i said, just one side of the story, yet that same rhetoric is found throughout the net.

there seems to be a ton of controversial stuff that comes out the Tracy camp. not that i would know what was false or not, just what i've noticed.

D

Drifter

Doc has posted on this forum about the creation of the forms. Try searching for it.
smileJap.gif

Latest Discussions