The little rewards...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all know that cops don't get a lot of praise for what we do. And that thank yous are few and far between. And the pay sucks... But we also know we don't do it for the praise or pay.

For example, one day last week, I came across a disabled vehicle. It was in a bad spot, halfway up a hill, on a curve. Minivan, with a mom, grandma, and two little boys (who had obviously been eating Oreo cookies) on the way home from the park, had run out of gas. Grandpa was going for gas... but the location was a wreck waiting to happen. So I ended up waiting with them for about 20 minutes or so, while grandpa brought them some gas. Fast forward a couple of days... and I get a message that there was something for me in the dispatch fridge.

They'd baked some cookies, and dropped them by -- in a paper sack with a thank you note on it, decorated by one of the boys.
biggrin.gif

Yeah -- I shared the cookies.

These are the types of things that make the rest of the crap we deal with worth it.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are the types of things that make the rest of the crap we deal with worth it.

It is, indeed.... right up there with a letter I received from a former middle school student who was sent, by myself and the teacher for the Visually Impaired, to a residential school for the Deaf and Blind (technically, the Deaf/Hard of Hearing and the Blind/Visually Impaired - the student being the latter) telling me how grateful she was to have been sent there, how well she's doing in school this year (10th grade - 4.0 GPA) and that she knows what she wants to study at college. It made my month!

And yes... I wrote back.

Latest Discussions