The Kingdom of Heaven

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
So, if I'm reading this correctly, it's a movie about the crusades, aye? Or at least, one man's involvement?

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what it looked like to me, but I don't think it is meant to be a historically accurate depiction of it.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Ping898 said:
That's what it looked like to me, but I don't think it is meant to be a historically accurate depiction of it.
I wouldn't think so. In fact, with the recent expiration of the Pope, I'm guessing it'll be a bit of a glorification of the church's "reclaimation" of the "holy land". YMMV, but I think I'll be saving my $12 bucks from this one... :idunno:

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Tess, thanks so much!
I had not seen anything on this until your post.
Watched the online "special" trailer....and.........

OHhhhhhhhhh Man... it looks good..

Give me swords...knights... and battles..and I can't wait!!!!

(rattles sabre in anticipation..)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think I saw the hero wear 6-7? different coats of arms in that one trailer. The oath and mission to safeguard the pilgrims on the roads sounds similar to the Knights Templar...sounds like a hodge podge of medieval history.

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
you're welcome Old *G* (Ouch)

I could care less if it's historically accurate.. I just like the Knights and sword fighting *Grins*
Right there with you....if I wanted to see a historically accuarate movie, I'll watch a documentary. :idunno:

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i did not like the movie at all the best part is when the was a fight seen the girl i seen it with would almost jump on me from fear of the seen beside that i did not like it

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow! Product of the American education system there or what??

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought this movie was great, though the ending was sort of bland. The original king was a total bad *** in this movie though. I liked it a lot more than I did Star Wars.

Latest Discussions