The grappling matches that I have online

OP
K

Kforcer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just showed my sister (who hates MMA) your clips and she happily watched all three. She said "Now I find that fascinating...and there's no hitting!"

Wow! That's awesome to hear! I think a lot of people who don't necessarily like MMA could potentially enjoy submission-grappling...

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My training group started out as a few buddies. Now, we've got a ton of people with backgrounds in a variety of MAs. Just keep your growing gym genuine, train alive, and focus on finding that happy medium between live training and your training partner's safety.

OP
K

Kforcer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This was one I put together just of my leglock entries, which is, no doubt, a bit silly. But I'm kind of a silly guy. I'm big into role-playing games and video games where you can make your own character, and I get that same sort of feeling doing this kind of thing. Somehow, putting myself behind music I like has this feeling of giving myself super-powers:

[yt]RWF5n5qC9s4[/yt]

"My training group started out as a few buddies. Now, we've got a ton of people with backgrounds in a variety of MAs. Just keep your growing gym genuine, train alive, and focus on finding that happy medium between live training and your training partner's safety."

That's really cool to hear. Sometimes, I feel like people have this...issue with people starting their own thing in the martial arts. Have you ever seen 'No Retreat, No Surrender'....? I honestly feel like it captures something real in the way the main character runs into a hard time for incorporating the fruits of independent study into his game.

Latest Discussions