The Georgia Guidestones - A road map for our future?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
georgia-guidestones.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

The Georgia Guidestones are a huge granite artifact located on a hilltop in Elbert County, Georgia, USA. It is sometimes referred to as the "American Stonehenge," [1] a title that has been applied at times to a number of other structures. A message comprising ten guides is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages, and a shorter message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient scripts: Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian Hieroglyphs.

The artifact is almost twenty feet tall, and made from six granite slabs that weigh more than 100 tons in all. One slab stands in the center, with four arranged around it. A capstone lies on top of the five slabs, which are astronomically aligned. An additional stone tablet, which is set in the ground a short distance to the west of the structure, provides some clarifying notes on the history and purpose of the Guidestones.

Here is what they tell us...

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Ancient Chinese and Russian. The message in English reads:
  • Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  • Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
  • Unite humanity with a living new language.
  • Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
  • Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  • Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  • Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  • Balance personal rights with social duties.
  • Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
  • Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
A shorter message appears on the four vertical surfaces of the capstone, again in a different language and script on each face. The explanatory tablet near the Guidestones identifies these languages/scripts as Babylonian Cuneiform (north), Classical Greek (east), Sanskrit (south), and Egyptian Hieroglyphs (west), and provides what is presumably an English translation: "Let these be guidestones to an age of reason."

What do you think?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's an expensive version of a child explaining how "when I'm President I'll feed the whole world and give them a hug and then we'll all be friends and there won't be any more wars, and then I'll build a hooj [sic] swimming pool with a slide that goes from the Oval Office."

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find the idea fantastic. Naive? Sure. Pie-in-the-sky? Absolutely. I would argue some of the main points, but who can argue with the motive?

My only problem is that it could all be summed up in two sentences, thus saving on expensive rock and engraving.

1. Be nice to everybody.
2. Yes, even that guy.

What else needs be said?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
* Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
* Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
* Unite humanity with a living new language.
* Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
* Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
* Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
* Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
* Balance personal rights with social duties.
* Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
* Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
What do I think?
Which of you is volunteering to be exterminated? There are over 6BILLION people on the planet, obviously some of YOU will have to go. Oh, sorry, that should read MOST of YOU will have to go. This is why marksmanship is always an important martial art to learn...

They tried the "New language" thing with Esparanto, what a laughable dismal failure that was.

Rule passion? Maybe. Rule faith? Really, and how does one rule the intangible? Rule reason? Doubtful, at least based on this list.

* Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
So we are banning Sharia courts worldwide, altogether? Gee, I guess that 1.4 Billion Muslims were among those exterminated... Wait, that would mean no more dictators, wouldn't it? I guess Castro, Ahmedinijad and the little fat North Korean were on the extermination list too...

* Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

Gee, that one kind of contradicts the previous one, what is fair and just in some cultures may not be fair or just in others...

* Balance personal rights with social duties.
:lol: So, you're going to FORCE people to live a certain way? How? By threatening to put them on the extermination list?

* Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
Truth is too often obscured by idiocy like this list of touchy-feely nonsense.
Beauty is subjective, as is love.
* Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
Who is it exactly that decides who and what are cancers on the earth?

Basically, this list is a fine example of the kind of fuzzy headed liberal thinking that leads to being eaten, and really not much else.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would have specifically replied to the bit about petty laws and useless officials, I just naturally assumed that all politicians were the second group to be exterminated en masse, after the lawyers, don't you know...

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wait, am I the only one who noticed that we (according to this) should go from 6.5 to 0.5 billion? does this person reccomend genocide or something? WWIII?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait, am I the only one who noticed that we (according to this) should go from 6.5 to 0.5 billion? does this person reccomend genocide or something? WWIII?
That would require more deaths than in every war in human history COMBINED. Great idea...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What do you think?

I mention these in post 43 of this thread...
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56079&highlight=conspiracy&page=3

What do I think? I think that there are some people out there who are ****ing nutjobs; and unfortunatily, some of these wackado's have $$ and power.

I don't think there is any conspiracy behind this fact any more then there was a conspiracy behind Adolf Hitlers regime. I do think that we need to be very careful as citizens, and do what we can to protect our individual rights. Without those, we are screwed...

C.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

Look above you, several people have mentioned it.

They wouldn't want WWIII, nukes might hurt the environment that these nutjobs want to live in harmony with. Now a nice hot virus, with the appropriate tweaks just might do the trick.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, I was just reading through the Wiki entry on the Guidestones and it suggested they could have been conceived and payed for by the Rosicrucians. Cool! A secret society yet again demonstrating they have no grasp on reality.

The stones were erected in 1979. The world population was 4.4 billion in 1975. So either a zero was mistakenly left out of their number, or the Rosicrucians have plans for a purge or biblical proportions.

Another thought occurred to me at the same time. The population of N. America was around 250 million at the time. Maybe the "world" to whoever built it really only meant the United States.

Either way it is the sought of error that consigns this sought of thing to the fever-dreams of puerile imaginings.

It would be interesting to see what archaeologists in a thousand years, after our civilisation has eaten itself and been replaced, thought of it.

Latest Discussions