The do's and don'ts of post whoring

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
how true
and how many thousand through out the rest of the forum?
you where the supreme poster back then

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, Terry, is this supposed to be a primer for the rest of us - or are you looking for suggestions to up your post count even higher? :lol:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, Terry, is this supposed to be a primer for the rest of us - or are you looking for suggestions to up your post count even higher? :lol:

Kinda of both, I was gone a week and I need to get all the top spots back so this is one way of many. Who knows maybe other folks will jump in and become a Master of Post Whoring.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, I was #1 on the top posters there for a day or two....and I have Terry to thank for it. If he was here, there is NO WAY that I could have ever achieved that honor. I bow to Terry's post whorishness.

I mean, seriously....108 and in the last 24 hours!!! That is just......well, I'm without words.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, I was #1 on the top posters there for a day or two....and I have Terry to thank for it. If he was here, there is NO WAY that I could have ever achieved that honor. I bow to Terry's post whorishness.

I mean, seriously....108 and in the last 24 hours!!! That is just......well, I'm without words.

Yes it is truely an art of many angles.
icon10.gif

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I ask a serious question? Do we really want to go for quantity over quality? I love reading quality posts, the meaningless blabber, while fun at times, and I'm always happy to jump on a joke bandwagon, means little to me in post count. Don't get me wrong, I love lighthearted banter and joking between members, but if that's ALL you got...well...pshh.

I don't really look at post counts. I don't care. If you're a good poster you're a good poster, whether you have 100 or 10,000 posts. Those with meaningless high numbers don't garner much notice from me. I just plain 'ol don't care about the count. I don't look at it, I don't post for *numbers*. My number may be high to some, I've been here for 3 or 4 years now, low to others. It's really not something I pay attention to that's all. Does anyone really care about post counts? Is it just me?

Reactions: MJS

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those of us who stand much lower in the order of things utterly concur with JT's impassioned words above :D.

Quality is key there is no doubt. But too the light-hearted and frivalous should not be overlooked either.

It is possible to have both and a most laudble aim that is.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I ask a serious question? Do we really want to go for quantity over quality? I love reading quality posts, the meaningless blabber, while fun at times, and I'm always happy to jump on a joke bandwagon, means little to me in post count. Don't get me wrong, I love lighthearted banter and joking between members, but if that's ALL you got...well...pshh.

I don't really look at post counts. I don't care. If you're a good poster you're a good poster, whether you have 100 or 10,000 posts. Those with meaningless high numbers don't garner much notice from me. I just plain 'ol don't care about the count. I don't look at it, I don't post for *numbers*. My number may be high to some, I've been here for 3 or 4 years now, low to others. It's really not something I pay attention to that's all. Does anyone really care about post counts? Is it just me?

I prefer quality myself.

Reactions: MJS

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmmm...13,262 posts, each of them a gem? :D
I seem to remember someone else commenting on the signal-to-noise ratio here on MT at one point, but of course that was before racking up over 3,000 posts in the LPT... :idunno:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quality is great but being a post whore has some advantages as well.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is possible to have both and a most laudble aim that is.

Hmmmm...13,262 posts, each of them a gem? :D

I stated I prefer. I never stated that all were Gems. Just look for Cheap and Shameless. ;)

Fun stuff is good to have. I like it. The board would get boring otherwise. That's why we have the Locker Room, B&G, Comedy Cafe, etc. We have places to lighten up and have fun. I'm just saying I don't look at post counts. I notice posters for what they say not how many posts they have. I just don't understand going for the number, I don't look at them. This thread made me actually look at my own post count and I was surprised at the number, but I've been around for a few years too. I participate in plenty of "what he/she said" and joking posts. On the flip side, if that's ALL you post, well...you get the idea.

And as much as Terry is our "resident post whore", he also starts many quality threads and posts knowledgeably in other areas. That's the balance Sukerkin mentions.

Ok folks, carry on, I don't mean to be a killjoy here. :D

Latest Discussions