The Destroyer Style

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Why don't you take a moment and tell us about yourself & your background over in the Meet & Greet?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose you couldn't change the bit that says 'cage fighter' to MMA fighter which is more accurate and what we prefer to be called? "Cage fighting' is called that invariably by people who don't fight, it's an image we are trying very hard to change from that of yob to athlete.

OP
T

The Destroyer Style

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion alot of martial arts out there do not cover proper techniques for people who are weaker or hadicapped. That is stupid, because they are the people who are attacked the most. I have been working on a martial art for about twelve years for people who don't have alot of strength, or are even stuck in a wheel chair. I think that self defence should keep people from being rapped and killed. If you can't effectively stop an attacker in a few seconds. Then you have a very low chance of living threw a life or death situation. Something that alot of people don't tell you. Is that if you are every attacked while walking on the street its almost always more then one person attacking you. For this reason it is important to know, How to quickly stop or kill an opponent. No one wants to kill I'm sure, in which case you have to take an enemies eyes or ear to save their life. I think these things should be taught to Handicapped people. Even women who must walk to a job, or school, that stand a chance of being rapped or mugged. I don't have alot of videos posted, but the videos I have up can be used by a ninety pound woman to fight a two hundred pound man. My link is http://www.youtube.com/user/BecomingTheWarrior1
I hope this will help anyone who is every attacked.

Cody

OP
T

The Destroyer Style

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tez3 has a very good point. I never really thought about it that way. We do learn abilities, but not just for the cage. I will make it a point to tell people that from now on.

Cody

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez3 has a very good point. I never really thought about it that way. We do learn abilities, but not just for the cage. I will make it a point to tell people that from now on.

Cody

Thank you, you and I know what we do but to the media the words "cagefighting" conjures up precisely the image we are trying to get away from. We want MMA to become regarded as a serious sport practised by serious people. Over here no fighters call themselves cagefighters, if someone does you know they aren't a fighter!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cody,

First off, welcome to the forum. :)

Would you explain exactly what this system contains? What arts have you studied, that you have combined to form what you are calling the Destroyer Style?

Mike

OP
T

The Destroyer Style

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The Destroyer Style is a mixture of Tae Kwon Do, Jujitsu, Boxing, Mauy Thai, Kick Boxing, and Kung Fu.

The only style that I have not had a class for is Kung Fu, It was a friend that taught me some its techniques. I learned Jujitsu, Boxing, from my friend Sean Spencer who is a Pro MMA fighter. He is a member of Team Oxindine. He is currently in Texas training. I took a class for Tae Kwon Do, and Mauy Thai, which was mixed with kick boxing. I still train to fight, but spend most of my time helping others learn. I have a friend who was born with Polio and he cannot use his legs well. He asked me one day to teach him how to fight. I knew that his leg would make it almost impossible to do Tae Kwon Do, or MMA. So I decided that I should start learning every technique I could that would be able to stop an opponent within a few seconds. Almost every technique I use will cause permanent injury or death. I teach the basics of Boxing and Tae Kwon Do, so they will have a pretty good mix of foot work and hand work. As you can imagine a Mauy Thai kick is out of the question for people who have not trained, or have weak legs. I do teach elbows, and knees as a must.

Cody

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've got a novel approach, and I applaud the recognition and concern for those who are not particularly athletic. But I'm going to ask a couple of blunt questions:

Do you have teaching credentials in any of these arts?

How do you know what works in the real deal? Do you bring professional experience to the table, like a law enforcement officer or bouncer might? Are you drawing on the mistakes of misspent youth? Or is it limited to what's worked in the training hall?

How have you assessed the applicability for those who have physical impediments? The videos you've posted don't seem particularly suited to someone who has an impaired leg, for example.

OP
T

The Destroyer Style

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You are right the videos posted are for people with just lack of strength. Simple defence measures. My partner in the videos is ill right now. I am planning to shoot a video from wheel chair position as soon as he is well. I actually trained with the Golden Gloves, and proffessional MMA fighters in my area. I have been attacked several times by thugs who want free money or just to say that they beat someone with martial arts training. I used the martial arts I knew back then to fight them off. I never was satisfied with the results. It always took to long to put an opponent down. I was once surrounded by thirty people. They would have killed me if the police had not come. This was in my high school. That is why I have developed ways to incompasitate somone within seconds. If I would have fought thirty people with any of the fighting styles I had learned or even just 2 people. I would have died, or at least been crippled up. My experience is from life.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You are right the videos posted are for people with just lack of strength. Simple defence measures. My partner in the videos is ill right now. I am planning to shoot a video from wheel chair position as soon as he is well. I actually trained with the Golden Gloves, and proffessional MMA fighters in my area. I have been attacked several times by thugs who want free money or just to say that they beat someone with martial arts training. I used the martial arts I knew back then to fight them off. I never was satisfied with the results. It always took to long to put an opponent down. I was once surrounded by thirty people. They would have killed me if the police had not come. This was in my high school. That is why I have developed ways to incompasitate somone within seconds. If I would have fought thirty people with any of the fighting styles I had learned or even just 2 people. I would have died, or at least been crippled up. My experience is from life.

How old are you? Does your Mom know you`re up this late?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Cody,

I've read through most of your posts here, and checked out your clips, as well as reading your profile there, and a few things are leaping out to me. This post here actually gives me most, so I'm going to go through them one at a time. Please bear in mind that this is meant to be positive for you, so hopefully we can take it that way.

In my opinion alot of martial arts out there do not cover proper techniques for people who are weaker or hadicapped.

Okay, to start with, going through your profile on Youtube, it says that you are 21 years old. So the obvious question is how do you have the experience to make such sweeping claims? Especially as your entire list of arts studied are sporting systems, therefore only a small part of what martial arts can offer.

Bear in mind that arts such as Aikido, Wing Chun, Ba Gua, and many many more are designed with exactly what you are describing as a main impetus, so to claim that "a lot of martial arts out there do not cover proper techniques..." is going to be taken as rather presumtious and ignorant at best, and downright rude and arrogant at worst. There are members here from a wide variety of backgrounds, so please try to remember that.

That is stupid, because they are the people who are attacked the most. I have been working on a martial art for about twelve years for people who don't have alot of strength, or are even stuck in a wheel chair.

Refering to other people's arts as "stupid" is exactly what I was refering to above. Careful with language like that. Oh, and you have been working on this for 12 years? That would mean that you were 9 when you started putting it together, right? At that point, I would suggest that you were not so much putting together your system, as you were just starting to train in one of your arts, yes? Probably Tae Kwon Do?

As well as that, the question has been asked on another thread as to your teaching qualifications. I would add to that the question of how much experience you have teaching or training people with handicaps or disabilities? Just imagining what you (as a healthy person) could do in a chair is not the same as someone who is confined to a wheelchair. One of my fellow Instructors had a student at one time who suffered from cerebral palsy, was confined to a wheelchair, and had very limited use of his arms and evasive movement of his body and head. That was a challenge.

I think that self defence should keep people from being rapped and killed. If you can't effectively stop an attacker in a few seconds. Then you have a very low chance of living threw a life or death situation.

Well, yes, self defence should help people live their lives free from attack and assault, but frankly this is a very limited and macho-centric view of self defence. It is not just about being violent and fighting. It is far more about having the awareness to be able to avoid such situations in the first place. Of course, should the situation be unavoidable, having the technical skills to defend yourself is vital, but the technical side of things is actually the least important aspect. However, this is quite common for the younger, less experienced (and, I must say, male) martial artists.

Something that alot of people don't tell you. Is that if you are every attacked while walking on the street its almost always more then one person attacking you.

Okay, a couple of things here. For one thing, you are guessing what goes on in martial art classes here. As said, your entire background is based on sport systems, which will focus on singular one-on-one competition, so the idea of group assaults are less emphasised, so in those arts you may be correct. But to say that a lot of people don't tell you that most assaults these days are groups or gang attacks is to completely miss how these arts are taught. In my classes, in every RBSD class I have attended, in every martial art magazine, the concept of group assaults is very prevalent, so I don't really get where you are coming from here.

But something else has been bugging me. In another thread you said that you are a "published author" on ezine.com. Yet your posts here are very lacking in basic sentence construction, spelling etc. You have a tendancy to use full stops and create new sentences mid-thought, rather than use a comma as would be required. Honestly just wondering how you are a published author unless it is a self-publish website? It just appears to be a bit of grandstanding, honestly.

For this reason it is important to know, How to quickly stop or kill an opponent.

No, it is important to know how to create enough distraction or violence to stop an attack long enough to safely get away. The idea of knowing how to kill an opponent is the product of a scared mind, and you will find that it is a very short-sighted policy to go through such ideas, as they will get you in legal trouble should it ever come to that. Again, this is just another indication of the maturity you are displaying, so you will find the responces you get will reflect that (as I'm sure you already have).

No one wants to kill I'm sure, in which case you have to take an enemies eyes or ear to save their life. I think these things should be taught to Handicapped people.

I would just say see above.

Even women who must walk to a job, or school, that stand a chance of being rapped or mugged. I don't have alot of videos posted, but the videos I have up can be used by a ninety pound woman to fight a two hundred pound man. My link is http://www.youtube.com/user/BecomingTheWarrior1
I hope this will help anyone who is every attacked.

I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but I haven't seen anything here that is actually well geared to a smaller, weaker, or handicapped individual. And I must say that I am unsure as to why you have posted here in this particular forum (Women of the Martial Arts). The only things you have said relating to women here is basically scaremongering that they will be attacked, raped, killed walking on their way to work or school, and really, that is just not cool. Most women will not, but remember that many members here have come to the martial arts after a similar experience, so bringing it up must be done with respect, tact, and care, not in a way designed to scare them into believing what you are say.

Cody

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

A few more questions for you.

1) How long have you trained in each of the arts that you've listed?

2) Do you hold ranks in any of the arts? If so, what are they?

The reason why I ask these questions is simple...there have been others who've come on here, talking about a new system that they've created, so if you're getting some rough replies, thats probably why. IMO, if the person training in (insert art(s) here) dabbles in a few different things, gets a rough idea and then tries to create something, it often raises the question as to why. While I don't feel that someone should have to train for 30yrs before they 'get it' I also feel that the person needs to have a solid understanding of the basics, and a strong foundation to build from.

I may not pull off a full, textbook Kenpo technique, but the tech. that I do, relies on the foundation that I"m basing my response off of. Personally speaking, I have a background in 3 different arts. Many times, during a tech., I'll find myself starting with Kenpo and then ending with Arnis. The 2 work very well together. I often will teach things from Arnis during a Kenpo class, but I make sure that everyone knows that its Arnis, not Kenpo. I'm not mixing for the sake of trying to create something 'new' or pass something off as one thing, when it really isn't.

I wish you well in your training.

Mike

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How old are you? Does your Mom know you`re up this late?

Naughty boy, that's unkind!

Comment on the post, don't make it personal agaist the poster that's unfair.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quick question: I looked at the youtube channel, and it mentions something about defending against a sucker punch. I always thought that a sucker punch was when you got slapped while not being on guard, kinda like when you are minding your own business and someone punches you out of nowhere. Is that understanding correct?

Because in the clip, 'the destroyer' was standing fully on guard while his friend attempted a halfhearted punch. I wouldn't define this as a sucker punch but I could be mistaken about the meaning of the term, as used here.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I looked at the youtube channel, and it mentions something about defending against a sucker punch. I always thought that a sucker punch was when you got slapped while not being on guard, kinda like when you are minding your own business and someone punches you out of nowhere. Is that understanding correct?

Because in the clip, 'the destroyer' was standing fully on guard while his friend attempted a halfhearted punch. I wouldn't define this as a sucker punch but I could be mistaken about the meaning of the term, as used here.

Sucker Punch is a film which has an MMA fighter mate of mine in it! My instructor was in a couple of scenes.
http://www.suckerpunchthemovie.com/sucker_punch/

Sorry, couldn't resist but as the film title says..you don't see it coming.

Latest Discussions