The Challenge

Master Dave

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My old friend and teacher who now heads the tornado school of martial arts...Karate and aki Jujutsu, kendo and iado....was recently challenged by a local kenpo school.....and old dojo war type challenge..

the kenpo school wasnt perpaired for the grappling Challenge...
in the first clip is Master Chris Bell....then in Green Gi Master Aaron bell...

Aki Jujtusu VS Kenpo

Grand Master (professor) Robert Bell....put his sons up to face the challenge.....
watch what happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcn20sRcwH0&mode=related&search=

Dave Z

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm glad you posted this. As a intermittent kenpo instructor, I keep holding to the idea that hte vast majority of kenpoists need to pay attention to expanding their focus to include boxing, and grappling.

I love it when Reality bites Theory in the behind.

Dave Crouch, DC
Student of Kenpo, and other stuff that helps.

OP
Master Dave

Master Dave

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Even though my main system is Tang Soo Do I incorporate grappling....I was fortunate to meet Grand Master Bell some thirty years ago....The grappling only enhances the art.
D Zacker

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to see the whole video as well.

What was that last bit? did the man actually jump off and plant both feet into Master Aaron Bell's back?

thanks,

--Infy

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My old friend and teacher who now heads the tornado school of martial arts...Karate and aki Jujutsu, kendo and iado....was recently challenged by a local kenpo school.....and old dojo war type challenge..

the kenpo school wasnt perpaired for the grappling Challenge...
in the first clip is Master Chris Bell....then in Green Gi Master Aaron bell...

Aki Jujtusu VS Kenpo

Grand Master (professor) Robert Bell....put his sons up to face the challenge.....
watch what happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcn20sRcwH0&mode=related&search=

Dave Z

Where about in Michigan are you? If there is time could you let me know about the next get together? I would be interested in watching.

Thanks

OP
Master Dave

Master Dave

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To answere both questions....
First yes the kenpo guy jumped on Master Aaron's Back....then all you know what broke out....it turned very ugly....the platform they were on was too small....

To Mr Parsons
Both Master Chris and Master Aaron Bell teach at my dojang every tuesday evening at 7:00pm....its well worth the visit...grappling and aki jutsu at its best. These gentlemen are unbeliveable....

My school is in Trenton Michigan on west rd.

Trenton Karate Academy
2320 West Rd
Trenton Mi 48183
313 671-2576

You are welcome to come in and meet the Bells and see them in action...we offer aki jujutsu training and ranking under the Bells and the Tornado School at my club.
stop by any tuesday night!
Master Dave

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow! Did Mr. Bell walk away from that? The kenpo guy could have done some serious damage with that! Also, I'm assuming if that would have happened in the ring, that would have been against the rules...

OP
Master Dave

Master Dave

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes Master Bell did walk away from it....But only after taking care of business...The Bells and the tornado school were victorious....but your correct that was serious...but it was a challenge made by the kenpo school against them...It was the kenpo school who put up the challenge against the tornado school....in the old days we called this dojo wars.. it was a anything goes...
Master Dave

OP
Master Dave

Master Dave

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I seen the discussion on the TSD section regarding nahanchi Kata
You may find this interesting.....GM bell explained when we watched the video....that Aarons simply doing Nahanchi....Aaron Bell told me if you look at the video of the challenge you will see nahanchi kata.

Take another look!

Master Dave

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
T

To Mr Parsons
Both Master Chris and Master Aaron Bell teach at my dojang every tuesday evening at 7:00pm....its well worth the visit...grappling and aki jutsu at its best. These gentlemen are unbeliveable....

My school is in Trenton Michigan on west rd.

Trenton Karate Academy
2320 West Rd
Trenton Mi 48183
313 671-2576

You are welcome to come in and meet the Bells and see them in action...we offer aki jujutsu training and ranking under the Bells and the Tornado School at my club.
stop by any tuesday night!
Master Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the invite. If I was serious about training there are lots of good training locally in this area. I was interested in seeing the re-challenge you mentioned.

Thank you though

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry to say, and no offense (and I do mean this) to those who are actually homosexual, but this whole thing seems pretty gay to me. Dojo wars? I think the 80's called, and they would like their hair, dojo feuds, striped gi's with funny patches, and Duran Duran cassettes back. And I have to ask if anyone drove away in a Dellorian, or Ol' school Iroc Z?

I digress. As I said, pretty ****ing gay. I think that if your involved in a "dojo war," then you pretty much need to stop hanging around the 4th grade playground and grow the hell up...

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
I digress. As I said, pretty ****ing gay. I think that if your involved in a "dojo war," then you pretty much need to stop hanging around the 4th grade playground and grow the hell up...

Oh yeah?!?! Well you're a poo poo head!!!:tantrum: :lol:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's it! We are having a dojo war! Meet me at the GM plant parking lot. I will be the one with the mullet, the yellow parachute pants, and the T-bird twirling homemade nunchuks. :lfao:

Who's bringing the Pabst?

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's it! We are having a dojo war! Meet me at the GM plant parking lot. I will be the one with the mullet, the yellow parachute pants, and the T-bird twirling homemade nunchuks. :lfao:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score

Parachute pants huh,...
Well I'll be the one wearing zubaz with matching wrestling shoes. :flammad:
rkd2.jpg

You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it!

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Crap... I am at a loss and I think I should cry defeat.... your pants are WAY cooler then mine:

"You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

No SIR! ;)

Latest Discussions