The Art of TKD

I

Infight

Of course there is Black Belt in BJJ, and in Thai too, but in Thai we use a "tire" on biceps, dont know the name in US

S

Sean352

I dont know. Maybe it was the fact that I always liked kicking stuff. It seemed the way to go. Any style that really uses legs are cool to me. Although now, systema is the coolest thing in the universe. I can kick in it too, just not as high and not as much!

Sean

A

Angus

Originally posted by Infight
Well i was first a Muay Thai fighter and a BJJ fighter, after i got both black belt i decided to pratice tk, because....wait a minute i dont pratice TK, why waste my time? Lets keep all my time praticing some worthfull, no sense giving millions of kicks in a second with no power in none of them, and doing nothing usefull with the hands, and after got to the ground just keep shaking legs and arms til got choked or locked. LOL

Nothing like MORE sweeping generalizations. :rolleyes:

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I started practicing Tae Kwon Do in Junior High (i'm 35 now) because I got tired of getting picked on and laughed at all the time. I happened to join the TKD school at our local YMCA (which is still there) because it was there. I knew nothing about TKD and what it entailed. All I knew was I wanted to practice. Fortunately, the Instructor was one of the most powerful men I had ever seen. Still is. 20 years later, I'm still practicing Tae Kwon Do and have absolutely no regrets. I have practiced some aikido as well, but strictly for my own pleasure. My heart is still and always will be Tae Kwon Do.