The Advice Column Returns!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
I know that, I just couldn't resist poking you with the pointed stick you just handed me.

:rofl:

You should talk to JF and Jill they seem to think I have been real funny of late. :eek: :confused:

:D :rofl:

(* Here is another Pointed Stick *)

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
I will try and answer this with viloating Rich's sensibilities. While is well known that I am a kenpoist, I also spent many years doing TKD. I had some wonderfull instructors that taught well and had usefull information to pass on, I had others that weren't worth what they paid for their dobok. So the answer to your question is this, TKD if taught properly, is a wonderful and beautiful art with loads of practical application. It can also be a very exciting sport. It depends on what you are looking for and the calibre of instructors available. Then again, this can be true of most any art, no?

Thank you for that fine explanation. I hope all the doubters on this board take the time to read it... :asian:

If the doubters should happen to ignore your post then I want permission to poke them with a stick. ;) :D

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
I apologize to you guys - I did not mean to come off as saying anyone was bashing or attacking TKD. I was just trying to head off any negative issues and or discussions. Please no one take the impact of my comments, only the intent, that I wanted a nice a friendly discussion.

:asian:

I think you're doing a superb job in nipping this line of questioning in the bud before it blows up into cyber sparring and some people begin breaking out their flame throwers. :asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
[BYou should talk to JF and Jill they seem to think I have been real funny of late. [/B]

It's all in good fun Rich, and nothing more than that.:D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
It's all in good fun Rich, and nothing more than that.:D

I know that, and if I cannot get a good comeback them I might as well go with it :D

:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Thank you for that fine explanation. I hope all the doubters on this board take the time to read it... :asian:

If the doubters should happen to ignore your post then I want permission to poke them with a stick. ;) :D
Permission Granted

OP
J

JDenz

I just seen highlevel TKD on tv not to long ago at the titian games I thought it was pretty awsome.

Latest Discussions