Thanks for all of the comments on fasting guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the comments on fasting guys. I'll chew on it. Went to Doctor and all numbers are spot on. Doc says excellent work my boy! Keep it up!

Doc says "Triglycerides are now normal, this is from your diet and exercise."

Love the bacon cheeseburger pic!

Search for "fasting" on this site brings up quite a few interesting threads.

I like this one....

What should be The Warrior Diet?
The Warrior diet is a controversial diet that encourages under-eating during the day and then feasting at night. It is designed to mimic the way a warrior would eat (Spartans are mentioned by the creator).

Thanks Jake.

Tames D says....Remember the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin: 'to lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.'

Thanks Dan T. "Being a practitioner of Shaolin, we preach moderation and balance in all things."

Do you believe that your way is the only way? That only your way is good and my way is not good? Or is my way just my way and your way is your way?

I can't understand why a thread would be closed but it's your show.

Finished 2nd Phase 2 feast cycle. Now back on fasting cycle until 150 lbs. Then 5 weeks of feasting in Colorado with goal of gaining back to 190 lbs.

Investigating further at this time....

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure Franklin meant more along the lines of not making every meal a gutbusting feast and getting so fat you can't physically shift your bulk and die of a heart attack before you're 28.

Moderation and balance doesn't mean a continual fast and binge cycle.

Your average warrior's primary concern wasn't living long enough to see their grandchildren get married.

'My' way is certainly not the only way and furthermore I probably wouldn't recommend it to others, I don't feed my children in the same fashion, so it's not that I consider it great (good enough maybe, for me).

'Your' way I consider bad. That's not saying bad in comparison to the way I eat, or bad in comparison to any other diet - just simply bad in total isolation.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also - I take it your avatar is a picture of you?

Not intending to be nasty, but you look gaunt and unhealthy.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the comments on fasting guys. I'll chew on it. Went to Doctor and all numbers are spot on. Doc says excellent work my boy! Keep it up!

I like this one....

The Warrior diet is a controversial diet that encourages under-eating during the day and then feasting at night. It is designed to mimic the way a warrior would eat (Spartans are mentioned by the creator).

Thanks Jake.

Tames D says....Remember the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin: 'to lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.'

Thanks Dan T. "Being a practitioner of Shaolin, we preach moderation and balance in all things."

Do you believe that your way is the only way? That only your way is good and my way is not good? Or is my way just my way and your way is your way?

Finished 2nd Phase 2 feast cycle. Now back on fasting cycle until 150 lbs. Then 5 weeks of feasting in Colorado with goal of gaining back to 190 lbs.

Go away.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is something to be said for being a gentleman. Doesn't matter if you disagree with something.

And talking about a person's looks....really? C'mon, fellas.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spartans are mentioned by the creator).

Research Spartan warrior Life. They weren't feasting. Spartans weren't even allowed to sleep inside the city until they were in there 30s.

They lived a very stringent life. Every thing was extremely uniform in Spartan Society.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is something to be said for being a gentleman. Doesn't matter if you disagree with something.

But this is a discussion forum, a place to discuss things where both agreement and disagreement have a rightful place.

If everyone only agrees and daren't disagree in case they hurt some delicate sunflower's feelings, it ceases to be a discussion forum and becomes a validation arena - much like the college debate group where a girl was ejected for daring to disagree with someone else's viewpoint, that's a place I have no wish to be.

And commenting on his looks is perfectly valid - if someone is trying to self promote something on health and wellbeing grounds, they should look healthy and well otherwise they undermine themselves. Would you take weight loss advice from an unqualified fat person?

It'd be akin to me lauding my system on how to look handsome, and using a picture of me to promote it ;)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Usually I'd agree but he's making an observation based on the subject matter of this post. This guys talking about general it's not like he's talking about forms and he's bringing up how he looks. How he looks relates to the subject of this post. I'm not going to comment on this matter anymore as I've said all I need to say

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also I do have to wonder what any of this has to do with martial arts...

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I like this one....

Thanks Jake.

It MAY be that your a single issue poster and the single issue has nothing at all to do with ma or even physical performance, other people's diets are rather Dull as a conversation.

The warrior diet is however a bit interesting, someone has taken a Not uncommon eating cycles and given it a cool name, to try and sell it.

I've been doing that all my life, whilst people generally tell me it's unhealthy and I should eat breakfast etc, I do it not because I think it's good, rather i don't want food, till I've been up 5hours or so, and that then would spoil my main meaL so I don't for another 3or 4hours, theN eat bigAs iM starving hungry

It's funny to find out that my dysfunctional eating patterns are actually a strategy, I have kept my boyish figure in to my 50s whilst all my " heAlthy eating friends have all ballooned, so may be there's something in it or may be it's just genetics

I suspect that it's partly to do with the fact that I don't snack on cakes or sweets etc, I don't want them Pre, main meal and after I'm to fUll of steak to consider them apart from I'Ce cream obviously

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It MAY be that your a single issue poster and the single issue has nothing at all to do with ma or even physical performance, other people's diets are rather Dull as a conversation.

The warrior diet is however a bit interesting, someone has taken a Not uncommon eating cycles and given it a cool name, to try and sell it.

I've been doing that all my life, whilst people generally tell me it's unhealthy and I should eat breakfast etc, I do it not because I think it's good, rather i don't want food, till I've been up 5hours or so, and that then would spoil my main meaL so I don't for another 3or 4hours, theN eat big.

It's funny to find out that my dysfunctional eating patterns are actually a strategy, I have kept my boyish figure in to my 50s whilst all my " heAlthy eating friends have all ballooned, so may be there's something in it or may be it's just genetics
Nutrition studies used to suggest skipping breakfast was bad (there's still some evidence of that, but it seems it's much more nuanced than previously thought), but new studies provide some balance to that view. Folks telling you it's unhealthy are still following old thoughts. There's also evidence on both sides of the big last meal of the day. In other words, if it's actually working for your body (and it seems to be) keep at it, brother.

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I like this one....

Thanks Jake.

If your way is cutting down to a healthy weight and then putting on 40 lbs on purpose, then that is wrong and you are destroying your body. Your triglycerides and readings came back healthy, why don't you maintain that rather than trying to be fat again?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
If your way is cutting down to a healthy weight and then putting on 40 lbs on purpose, then that is wrong and you are destroying your body. Your triglycerides and readings came back healthy, why don't you maintain that rather than trying to be fat again?
Eating disorders don't manifest in anything resembling logical behavior

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I suspect there is much more than an eating disorder going on here, if you know what I mean.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because by his logic that's his reward for losing so much weight he gets to now binge. It's like the argument you can eat what you want after working out

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback.

Does anybody here think that 6' 4" 190 lbs is fat?

I don't think that 6' 4" 190 lbs is fat.

And here's a thought I had. What would you think about my feasting and fasting program if I changed the menu from junk food to organic raw health food?

For example, what if my feasting cycle menu was limited to only organic raw whole foods something like this?...

Almonds
Rasins
Oatmeal
Dates
Chia Seeds
Hemp Hearts
Walnuts
Apples
Bananas
Organic Raw Peanut Butter
Organic Raw Maple Syrup
Organic Raw Honey
Oranges
Strawberries
Cantelope
Egg Whites
Lobster
Fish
Lean Beef
Grilled Chicken Breast
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Skim Milk
Organic Mixed Raw Baby Spinach
Organic Mixed Baby Greens
Virgin Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pink Himalayan Salt
(add your favorite most healthy food items here.)

What would you think of my feast fast program if I limited my menu to the above and similar food items?

Calorie counts are still the same, 600 calories per day on fast cycle, no calorie limit on feast cycle.

Fasting/Very Low Calorie Days cycle down to 160 lbs.

Organic Raw Whole Health Foods Feasting cycle up to 190 lbs.

With heavier lifting and more intense kung fu workouts during upswings.

And more light-weights, calisthenics, yoga-like, stretching and kung fu type workouts during downswings

Then repeat.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

And here's a thought I had. What would you think about my feasting and fasting program if I changed the menu from junk food to organic raw health food?

For example, what if my feasting cycle menu was limited to only organic raw whole foods something like this?...

Almonds
Rasins
Oatmeal
Dates
Chia Seeds
Hemp Hearts
Walnuts
Apples
Bananas
Organic Raw Maple Syrup
Organic Raw Honey
Oranges
Strawberries
Cantelope
Egg Whites
Lobster
Fish
Lean Beef
Grilled Chicken Breast
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Skim Milk
Virgin Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pink Himalayan Salt

What would you think of my feast fast program if I limited my menu to the above and similar food items?

Calorie counts are still the same, 600 calories per day on fast cycle, no calorie limit on feast cycle.

And more light-weights, calisthenics, yoga-like, stretching and kung fu type workouts during downswings

Then repeat.

Would it matter what anyone says? You've shown your not willing to listen to a word anyone says so why waste our time?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Almonds
Rasins
Oatmeal
Dates
Chia Seeds
Hemp Hearts
Walnuts
Apples
Bananas
Organic Raw Maple Syrup
Organic Raw Honey
Oranges
Strawberries
Cantelope
Egg Whites
Lobster
Fish
Lean Beef
Grilled Chicken Breast
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Skim Milk
Virgin Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pink Himalayan Salt

Then repeat.

You say it would be the same calories, but it wouldn't. It would be very hard to consume the same number of calories in those foods as in the junk foods - that's one of the problems (not the only one) with junk food.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Almonds
Rasins
Oatmeal
Dates
Chia Seeds
Hemp Hearts
Walnuts
Apples
Bananas
Organic Raw Maple Syrup
Organic Raw Honey
Oranges
Strawberries
Cantelope
Egg Whites
Lobster
Fish
Lean Beef
Grilled Chicken Breast
Whole Grain Brown Rice
Skim Milk
Virgin Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pink Himalayan Salt

Then repeat.

Why do you need to Yoyo your weight 30lbs , it makes no sense, pick a weight you can maintain, let's say 180- 190 and stay there, then you nether have to diet or eat to extremes and you can still have a bit of a pig out.

If your prepared to eat that lot to feast, then just eat that lot permanently and adjust the amount to keep your weight s e able

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions