Testing next week

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks to all your prayers and encouragements

We tested yesterday and did well (and passed) .

Th test was both easy and hard. It was hard in that it was physically and mentally demanding. It was 'easy' in the sense that he never asked us to do anything that, when I heard him, I woulf think to myself "I'm not sure if I can do that" So I guess I was prepared...moreso than I feared going in, and it just became a concentrated review of everything I knew.

We did a lot of kicks, hand strikes, throws, and Ho Shin Sul. Daniel and I also demonstrated ground fighting techniques and I even had to demonstrate some long arm (AK-47) disarms I'd been working on with some military students the last few weeks.

My wife took some pictures and some video and it was interesting to see because I caught some nuances in my technique which suprised me that I would like to correct

Thanks again

Way to go!!! :partyon: :partyon:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We tested yesterday and did well (and passed).

Woohoo!!!!! Congratulations to you all!

Th test was both easy and hard. It was hard in that it was physically and mentally demanding. It was 'easy' in the sense that he never asked us to do anything that, when I heard him, I woulf think to myself "I'm not sure if I can do that" So I guess I was prepared...moreso than I feared going in, and it just became a concentrated review of everything I knew.

That's the way it should be - the term "test" is somewhat of a misnomer, in my opinion; you shouldn't be testing for the next rank, you should be proving that you already are the next rank.

My wife took some pictures and some video and it was interesting to see because I caught some nuances in my technique which suprised me that I would like to correct
Video is like that. As an instructor, I can tell my students over and over what I want them to change; I can even stand them in front of a mirror and show them - but video, like pictures, is much clearer than explanations and demonstrations for many people.

TAKMA

White Belt
Reaction score
Congrats Oconner clan!!!!

Gods blessings always.

In HIS Steps,
Adam Brasel

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well done!!! Congratulations, sounds like you knew you would pass but you just gotta do it haven't you? Glad it went well.

Latest Discussions