Testing in 2 weeks

InvisibleShadow

White Belt
Reaction score
I am taking my first test in two weeks to get my yellow belt. I was wondering If people would like to share their experience of their first test?

are the tests group or individual?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine was with a group and I was scared out of my mind but after all these years I come to relize your instructor will only test when they know you are ready. I'm sure you will be fine and just relax.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ours are group testings as well - all the color belt (gup/kyu) ranks test together, usually in groups by rank.

As Terry said, good instructors will not make you test unless you can pass... but that's no guarantee - so between now and then, work off your nerves with extra practice!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I second everyone above, the 3 different styles I've piddled with have all been as described. Just like they also said, the instructor knows you are ready, so practice hard every day, yes even at home, so that when you go in to test, you can walk in KNOWING that you are gonna rock the house!! Good Luck with your test and let us know how you do.

Chris

docmartin252

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Everyone above is correct. All of my tests have been in groups, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone fail a belt test, which means your instructor will know when you are ready for the next rank. Just stay calm and keep practicing what you have learned until the test. GOOD LUCK!!!

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
At our club beginning ranks tend to be small groups for testing. And I agree, a good instructor has already tested you in his or her head before putting you out there. The best I can add is this: Once you've completed something on your test (eg. forms, sparring), put it behind you. However it went, forget about it.

Do try to breathe periodically

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best wishes on your test. I've been to many tests over the years. I've never seen a yellow belt test done privately. They are usually done as a group of same ranked folks.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Invisible, I'll be testing again in December, it's been a awhile for me. But, I remember my first test, I was really nervous and wanting to do everything so perfectly. What I've learned over the years that I've been training in TKD is just to be overly prepared. Train, Train, Train, and Train hard! If you do that, then the test is easy, you just go through the motions. It took me a short while to figure it out... :idunno:

Latest Discussions