testing for yellow next week

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My instructor said he will be testing us for yellow belt next week. I'm excited. A little nervous but it's so cool. Will be a nice xmas present.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good luck on your testing. As long as you've prepared yourself well going into the test I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
I always found that as long as I was well prepared beforehand, I could go into the test, throw it on autopilot and everything, techniques, forms, etc., would come to me automatically... :asian:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck on your test.
The fact that you let us know it is comeing up, tells me that you are more than ready. Give it all you've got , then let us know the results.
Shadow:asian:

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. I am ready for this. My instructor said the only way to fail is to give up and not try. That won't happen. I am fired up. It feels good to accomplish something like this. Karate is really opening my world up. The exercise, the new faces, the discipline. I really needed this in my life right now. And it's nice to have a forum like this to talk to other MA"s and get feedback. Everyone is so nice here.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First I must confess that we are not always friendly, but we do try to be most of the time.:D
Will you be sparring or just showing basic stances, and your first form? If sparring go for it but with the control that is expected to show you have learned. Again best of Luck
I just saw you r profile and will refraain from makeing the obvious comment:rofl:

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
uh oh. the obvious comment. Being a beginner or being a postal worker.? Ha Ha. I know all the postal jokes. As far as sparring we've done choke holds and self defense moves. Forms ,etc. sparring against someone not yet. I'll ask him on monday.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It'll be a fun, rewarding experience. Another small step in the long journey.;)

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on your first big step into the wonderful world of Kenpo! In advance, even... If you're stoked, you will do well.

Go get 'em!!!!

Dan Farmer

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mike, my test is on Friday. I,m getting good practice though. I had class Monday. then tonight and tomorrow. Then before the test on Friday. we'll see how it goes. I am excited. I wanted my yellow belt by xmas and it looks like I'm gonna get it.I'll let you all know Friday night.:)

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll pass your test. Just remember to really learn the stuff you're taught at this period in your martial arts training. This can arguably be called the most important phase of your training. Once you have a firm grasp of the basics, everything else down the line will come easily.

Don't break a leg!

Cthulhu

K

Kenpomachine

And just don't get nervous. You'll see everything will go smoothly :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Get a senior student to watch you go through your techniques and things you'll be tested on.
If your unsure of anything practice it. You'll do great just remember to let us know how it goes.
Also do'nt panic if something your not expecting comes up. Relax, reason it out and act upon it, useing what you have been shown.
Shadow:asian:

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cthulhu
I'm sure you'll pass your test. Just remember to really learn the stuff you're taught at this period in your martial arts training. This can arguably be called the most important phase of your training. Once you have a firm grasp of the basics, everything else down the line will come easily.

words to live by there rachel...