Terrorist attack London

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly we have just had a terrorist attack in London, a police officer has been killed and one other death announced. Attacker has been shot, status unknown.
Once details are known of the officer I will post in the memorial forum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may stretch this line, you may bend this line, but you'll never break it. If you injure one of us, we will stand strong. If you kill one of us, another will take our place. When you run away from danger - we run towards it and put ourselves in harms way to keep you safe.

The #ThinBlueLine. Thinner still today.

RIP x
17424907_1377672078921746_7644026167785186306_n.jpg

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this attack and the people of the United Kingdom. Know that we stand with you!

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some people just want to make other's suffer. Do they know if it was a terrorist attack or was it just some one who went nuts? Sort of like what happens in the U.S.?

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people just want to make other's suffer. Do they know if it was a terrorist attack or was it just some one who went nuts? Sort of like what happens in the U.S.?

It's classed as a terrorist attack, anything like this will be. The terrorist was shot by the police and died. Two others are dead from the car ramming on the bridge, we know French school children and some students from a university in Lancashire were hurt. The police were around very quickly which stopped more deaths and injuries.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers with you, yours and country, Tez.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. London has been attacked many times by many different groups and countries, I am a Londoner born in Lambeth, though I live away now I am still a Londoner so I will say 'up yours' to the terrorists and we will carry on as always.
I will also say don't believe what you hear in some quarters about London, yes it is multi cultural but not over run by anyone, it has withstood everything from Romans to Normans to the Blitz, from Mosley's Nazis to the IRA and it will still be standing, with the people's spirit as annoyingly chipper as ever lol until the end of time or the Thames floods at any rate. :)

upload_2017-3-22_22-10-45.png

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any updates?

7 people arrested from 6 addresses in various places in the UK, Four people have died and 40 people have been injured.

So far, only the police officer who died has been named. He was PC Keith Palmer, 48, of the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command. He had 15 years' service and was a husband and a father.

One woman in her mid-40s was killed after being hit by the attacker's car before it reached Parliament. She was confirmed dead by a doctor at St Thomas' Hospital.

Police said a man in his mid-50s had also died and seven people were still in a critical condition. A further 29 have been treated in hospital.

The injured included three police officers who were walking across the bridge on their way back from a commendation ceremony. Two are described as being in a serious condition.

A woman was given urgent medical treatment after falling into the River Thames as the attacker's car drove onto the pavement.
Police said a "range of nationalities" were among the injured.
A group of French schoolchildren were on the bridge and three were injured in the incident.
Four university students from Edge Hill University, in Lancashire, were also hurt. Two were sent to hospital as "walking wounded", whilst two others had minor injuries.
Five South Korean tourists were injured - one of them seriously - in a stampede as people fled the area after the attack.
London Ambulance Service said it had treated 12 people with serious injuries, who were all taken to hospital. They also treated eight people with less serious injuries at the scene.
Kings College Hospital says eight patients were being treated there - six male, and two female. Two were described as critical and two stable
St Thomas' Hospital said two patients had been admitted - both were stable.
One patient was admitted to the Royal London Hospital, but no details were given.

The prime minister said there was a "single attacker".
He has not yet been named. Police say they think they know who he is, and are "working to look at associates". Acting deputy commissioner Mark Rowley, the Met's top anti-terror officer, urged restraint from "proactive investigative journalists" in working out who he was.
Mr Rowley said the working assumption was that the attacker was "inspired by international terrorism" and "Islamist-related terrorism", but would not comment on his nationality or any other details.
He said police were focusing on the suspect's "motivation, preparation and associates".

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The murdered police officer was an Armed Forces Veteran having served in the Royal Artillery before joining the Met police.
17426411_10154372762036981_5716833268333983906_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-23_9-44-59.png
    upload_2017-3-23_9-44-59.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 170
OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No names yet but there is an American among the injured along with French, Poles, and other nationalities.

D

Dylan9d

According to the papers in Holland

Aysha Frade, 43 year old mother of 2 children

RIP

D

Dylan9d

Third victim is Kurt Cochran an American citizen, RIP

He was on vacation in London with his wife Melissa. She got hurt also.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard about this yesterday in the airport on my way home, Tez. My thoughts are with all my friends in the UK.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
last night i heard the number of deaths had risen to 5.

what a horrible thing.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Discussions