Teaching For Fun Or Profit

OP
R

Rob_Broad

That can be a mighty thin tight rope to walk. Do they have different styles? Who gets the prime nights? What if one instructor is real popular and the other isn't and can't afford his half of the rent. Who does the advertising? Most times when this situation happens each instructor starts off as buddies but soon end up trying to take the other guys students.

It is a rare thing when schools can share the same space, to those that make it work my hat is off to them.

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
the only way to stay motivavted is all in your mind set.i probably have a more hecktick day than most and i still stay motivated. young grass hopper gou you are looking for answers you allready know? when you train you have to train with passion and emotions or it's just flailing your body around. like my brother tim(not renegade) says don't tell me show me (from the tao of TIM by the roof top.
later
jaybacca

OP
G

GouRonin

"The Tao Of Tim" also known as "Thoughts From The Rooftop." An excellent book.
:hammer:

OP
B

Big Guy

Hi All At Mike Cappi's Kenpo Camp and it is Great nite #1 up all night. You should all be here:p

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Don't rub it in. Those of us who are not there would love to be banging away with you guys.

OP
B

Big Guy

Day Two Been on fioor most of the day.:asian: For all of you who said you where coming HA Ha Ha Ha:D :cheers: :moon: :ninja: :cheers:

OP
G

GouRonin

So give us a run down on what happened at the camp? I'm dyin' over here to know!
:D

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I am thinking it might be fun once to make a profit. Does anybody see anything wrong with this?

OP
B

Big Guy

It was a good camp. Not as much fun as ours becouse everyone does not get a chance to stay together. WE are planing a good camp this year bigger and better:D :cheers: :armed:

OP
G

girlychuks

Is this an open thing? Ladies invited??
Where are all these djos anyway? I olove road tripping and am thinking a cross country dojo-a-thon would be fun. I would get my butt kicked but I know I'd learn something....

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I don't know how your camp could get any better, but I sure am glad you are gonna try. Last August was amazing.

OP
B

Big Guy

The camp is open to everyone. This year we are going to have Fitness, Kenpo, Escrima, Kali, Arnis. The camp is on Aug.9,10,11,2002:asian:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Big Guy

The camp is open to everyone. This year we are going to have Fitness, Kenpo, Escrima, Kali, Arnis. The camp is on Aug.9,10,11,2002:asian:

Starting to get psyched for this event already. Lastyr we all had a great time, with more people there this yr it will only be better.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

I think there is room for both. It depends on what you and your students want to accomplish.

I know a couple of Tai Chi instructors who pretty much just do community ed at local schools. They make a little extra cash from it, but won't get rich anytime soon.

I can't see anything wrong with a Kenpo guy doing the same.

Now, if you want certification, belt levels, a tracable lineage, etc maybe you hook up with a school as a part time instructor.

Maybe do a Sat afternoon Kenpo class at the local Kung Fu school.

Or just form a "study group" and go work out at the park on nice afternoons.

Sometimes, the bigger schools aren't the best. When its 1 instructor for 5 students, you get more personal attention than when its 1 instructor for 25. I'll take smaller classes every time.

:asian:

I can pretty much agree with this post. I just wanna teach , make a few bucks. But if i can make it bigger, i'd go for it!:)

Latest Discussions