Tang Family Long Pole

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The absolute best pole form I've seen. Those stances and that snap on the pole!
I was told that based on the characters, that this is Weng Chun sect. Also that a different type of pole may be used. Can anyone clarify?
To me, it should be the same and may be our parent form considering it's oi ga kuen. Wouldn't make logical sense to be different.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know nothing of this form but it looks like it would be one heck of a workout for the forearm and wrists

OP
M

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
The absolute best pole form I've seen. Those stances and that snap on the pole!
I was told that based on the characters, that this is Weng Chun sect. Also that a different type of pole may be used. Can anyone clarify?
To me, it should be the same and may be our parent form considering it's oi ga kuen. Wouldn't make logical sense to be different.

IIRC it's the original form from Fung Siu Ching.

Also, here's another funky pole form, this time from Eddie Chong:

This is from the late 80's to early 90's so it's not the Pan Nam form. From what I understand, he learned the Leung Sheung form Kenneth Chung and then he learned another form from a guy in Utah, which I presume is this one.

Last edited:

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Interesting form. the closest I can equate that to is the Pan Nam form. It's very much different from the Tang Yik form.
what I find interesting is the commonality with Tang Yik's and the HK style. What I have been told is Fung Siu Ching's method is an older tradition of WC, hence why in modern times it's identified as Weng Chun... but unsure how true it is. Just by looking on visual alone, at least to me it definitely looks like a parent form of the HK method.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its a mystery, isn't it? Everyone has a "6 1/2 point" pole form, yet no two seem to be the same and no one really agrees on what the "6 1/2 points" really are.

OP
M

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a mystery, isn't it? Everyone has a "6 1/2 point" pole form, yet no two seem to be the same and no one really agrees on what the "6 1/2 points" really are.

Perhaps they are the 6 1/2 ingredients of Calgon. Ancient Chinese secret!

TKDTony2179

Blue Belt
Reaction score
An idea bubble just popped in my head. I had always wondered why Bruce Lee held the bow staff werid in Enter the Dragon. Duh Tony, he used it like a Chinese practitioner would cause he did kung fu (Gung Fu). When I was younger I thought he didn't know Chinese weapons. Lol.

Latest Discussions