Taking a "Pulse" on the New Ed Parker American Kenpo Forum...

You feelings on the new Ed Parker AK Forum Section......

• Like:

• Dislike:

• So So:

• Undecided:

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by JD_Nelson
I also notice that Mr. Conatser post quality has increased with this EPAK specific forum instead of the more fun and games that were more prevalent from this higher ranked kenpolka.
JD

Well, geeze, thank you! But you make me feel like all I did before was joke around. :rofl: {which admittedly I love to have fun as well as gab Kenpo}. It's just that sometimes the mood hits me a certain way and I respond. I'll work on myself more ...... thank you for the reminder. :)

It also appeared early on that he has been intent on helping to make this forum fly, but at the same time if he can pose these quality topics NOW, why couldn't he do them before? Was it due to a lack of topic focus in the other forums, or is it because of the idea that this is more his cup o tea, or is there yet another agenda??? I like some of the topics he has started since this forum began. Some of them have even put questions I have into words. Others have raised even more questions.
JD

I thought I was doing it before but at various times in the year I am busy with other things and don't always "live" on the net... although I am here quite a bit. At other times I feel that I don't want to comment for one reason or another unless specifically asked. Others need to be heard and post as well. Again, thanks for the compliments, if I have caused you to think a bit or others then I have been successful in some small way.

Personally, I think this forum is the "I TEACH EPAK AS TAUGHT TO ME BY MR. PARKER FORUM" the all end of traditional EPAK kenpo. I am open to all kenpo. I think Ron Chapel should be allowed to talk about Sub Level Four kenpo here. It is, after all, Kenpo taught to him by Mr. Parker. The hard core traditionalists will not change, it is their nature.
JD

No one is locking "anyone" out. Anyone can post if they choose. I can go to the Ninja Room and post if I like or have something to comment or ask on..... but I don't frequent it, because my focus and interests are here with MY Art American Kenpo.

The traditionalists term can be applied to those who think that the 16-24-32 system should never be changed, because it is all in there. I think they are right, I am sure it is all in there. I want to know how to find it and apply it faster, not to achieve a higher belt but to get that idea or concept to the student sooner. Maybe this principle that is not specifically taught until z, could be demonstrated at x. Makes the student more prepared for the challenge sooner.
JD

The General Kenpo/Kempo Section is open for All to Post as well, this room is just a little more pointed at AK specifically, that's all. The intention is to focus on this so that the students and instructors can debate, share, discuss, question etc. on material that is not so broad in interpretation, that's all.

Mr. Conatser I post this as I see it, no disrespect meant.
Salute, JD

No disrespect ever taken JD, thanks for your comments, questions and polite discussions. Keep the questions coming!

:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Dis-like
Neutral
Undecided

The pulse is still there. No need for a"special forum." You guys have been around crowding the place as it is. (Just teasing)

Us "other " Kenpo guys have to have a note from home just to come by, and watch!;)

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't like it, it feels too purist and I don't think I've actually posted in here apart from now.

I've been reading it, but I hardly dare join in.

Ian.

C

CoolKempoDude

for the sake of kenpo unity. STOP voting "so so" and Vote for "disklike" group.

Appreciation;) ;)

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Orig. posted by CoolKempoDude
for the sake of kenpo unity. STOP voting "so so" and Vote for "disklike" group.
Appreciation;) ;)
:rofl:
this tickles me that the "so so" bugs you so much:rofl:

next time I do a poll I won't put that possibility in... LOL

:D

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
:rofl:
this tickles me that the "so so" bugs you so much:rofl:

next time I do a poll I won't put that possibility in... LOL

:D

Yes or No should do it;)

From what i see it. You either LIKE or DON'T LIKE it. There is nothing between BUT you made it EXCEPTION:confused: :soapbox: :D :D

D

dcence

I voted dislike because it has killed the 'technical board'. Where I believe most of the EPAK threads belong. I like the activity and was originally in favor of EPAK forum , but I think it is too much to have 3 Kenpo forms.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I too think that the "Technical board" has disipated and is now all but a useless appendage.

From what I recall the purpose for this board was to focus on EPAK material only and have those with other points of view go to the general area. (in a nut-shell)

I don't see the benefit, only the disipation.

Your Brother
John

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brother John
The "Technical board" has disipated, from what I recall the purpose for this board was to focus on EPAK material only and have those with other points of view go to the general area.
Your Brother John

Well the title says Kenpo/Kempo Technical, so really it could be either system.

As mentioned before, Kaith and the Mods constantly evaluate these things and if in their opinions a change needs to be made.... I'm confident THEY will make it. Other than that, we have a lot of versatility to post and the option is not hurting me.

:asian:

Latest Discussions