Taking a "Pulse" on the New Ed Parker American Kenpo Forum...

You feelings on the new Ed Parker AK Forum Section......

• Like:

• Dislike:

• So So:

• Undecided:

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like it... but its not as active as I would have hoped. However, its not really all that different than the regular Kenpo forum; just a tad bit more focused.

- ceicei

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Where's the beef? Just kidding. I like the forum. Any chance of getting you guys to story board techs with pictures and walk through the techs frame by frame, or perhaps just open an Epak school in El Paso? :D

don

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
BTW, could Clyde come back? After all, this was more or less his idea that got the EPAK forum going.

- Ceicei

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ceicei
BTW, could Clyde come back? After all, this was more or less his idea that got the EPAK forum going. - Ceicei

I agreed with him, that this forum would be a good idea, but [he] is the one that chose to leave, and was never "kicked out". I also believe the door was left open for his return if [he] so chooses... the ball is in his court.

:asian:

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Dis-like
Neutral
Undecided

1- too much movement from "general" to "EPAK". Hurt my eyes a lot and my fingers

2- are you guys serious this time about *polling*?????. I mean if MORE *dislike* than *like*, everything goes back to NORMAL???? Kenp community UNITED again :D:D

3-Goldendragon 7, thanks for keeping "EPAK" alive. You are *mostly* AUTHOR of threads here.;):D

btw, how long does this *poll* run??

K

Kenpomachine

I like this forum, but I agree with Derek here to some extent. I think it is the technical forum that is now out of order, as most of the material posted there was EPAK related.

What about merging "that" forum with this one and leave the general kenpo forum for general comments or non EPAK questions?

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
if anyone remembers the SNL poll whether to save or boil Larry the Lobster :)

seriously, i'd rather get input from various styles of kenpo in one place, rather than narrow the audience.

and, andy kaufman will never be on the show again.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
This forum was created specifically to keep the ideas from the other Kenpo systems out. That was the argument from the people that wanted it. The technical forum was left in place so that the others would have a place to continue to post their material (ie Tracy's, Traco, Kempojujitsu, etc...) There will not be a merging of this forum and the technical forum.

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Orig. posted by CoolKempoDude
Are you guys serious this time about polling?

Well, since I started this poll, I'll answer for myself, I was just curious as to what everyone thought so far..... As to "YOU GUYS", I'm sure Kaith and the Mods will review it but was really just to take a general "Pulse" to see if I was off base with what I felt was a positive direction.

Polls are not always accurate nor do they necessarily dictate which way the "owner" will go, but it does give some sense of interest. On a close poll like the original one was, Kaith decided to give it a temporary try even tho the poll was close..... but felt there was enough interest to give it a try. I'm personally glad he did, but it really all depends on the traffic generated by all the different "Ke n/m po factions.

If there were a HUGE amount of KaJuKenBo, Tracy, KaraHo or other group posters, then I'm sure there would be a separate room for them with their own mods and such, even tho they may be under a "KE-N/M-PO SECTION" heading.

If everyone likes this Board in General I encourage to help support it with positive posts, questions, banner ad support (tell your instructors to advertise their studios here its inexpensive) and helps KEEP this on the air. Subscribe to the Newsletter.... all ways of helping keep a good forum alive and well, which we all like ....... even if you just come to read!

Goldendragon 7, thanks for keeping "EPAK" alive.

Well, thanks, but I would rather have a lot more involvement from the "floor" asking questions and having good healthy, intelligent, respectful "debates" {arguing gets nowhere and annoys everyone}.

btw, how long does this *poll* run??

I set it for 21 days.:D

Of course all of this is just my opinion, I could be wrong......:)
:D

C

CoolKempoDude

Goldendragon7,

"KAJAKENBO" ????? gotta replace your "KAJUKENBO" keyboard

:D :D

what do you do with "so so" votes if "dislike" votes are CLOSE to "like" votes ????

E

Elfan

It has worked out much better than I thought it would but a lot of the EPAK sepcific stuff is taking away from the Technical Forum.

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Goldendragon7, "KAJAKENBO" ????? gotta replace your "KAJUKENBO" keyboard:D

got it. Thanks.... [go back and check]

what do you do with "so so" votes if "dislike" votes are CLOSE to "like" votes ????

Send them to Research & Development for further diagnostic review and then study the logistical relevance of public scrutiny as related to consumer education to determine if the fence is really situated and foundationally firm for the equitable evaluation of their vote, in comparison to the positive and negative movements that were expressed within this technical polling.
:soapbox:
:rofl: duh...... whadda ya think we do with em or better yet ...... what would YOU do with them? :shrug: :confused:
:partyon:

C

CoolKempoDude

:rofl: duh...... whadda ya think we do with em or better yet ...... what would YOU do with them? :shrug: :confused:
:partyon:

i don't want to be BIASED or anything. If you guys don't know what to do with it, i would *suggest* you *generously* give it to "dislike* group.

do I hear AMEN from you ????

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
i don't want to be BIASED or anything. If you guys don't know what to do with it, i would *suggest* you *generously* give it to "dislike* group.

do I hear AMEN from you ????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, you are too funny..... and No I'm not going to give you an Amen....LOL

Re-read my post above, this was just MY poll to see what the general feelings were. thats all.
So there are no "YOU GUYS" involved here:D

Have fun:asian:

C

CoolKempoDude

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, you are too funny..... and No I'm not going to give you an Amen....LOL

Re-read my post above, this was just MY poll to see what the general feelings were. thats all.
So there are no "YOU GUYS" involved here:D

Have fun:asian:

oh well, i at least ANSWERED your question " what would YOU do with them?";) :D

we had fun, didn't we ?

Keep all good stuff coming. Thank you:)

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
by seig
This forum was created specifically to keep the ideas from the other Kenpo systems out. That was the argument from the people that wanted it. The technical forum was left in place so that the others would have a place to continue to post their material (ie Tracy's, Traco, Kempojujitsu, etc...) There will not be a merging of this forum and the technical forum.

In pulling a majority of the topics out of the technical forum it has retarded my ability to avoid this forum. I also notice that Mr. Conatser post quality has increased with this EPAK specific forum instead of the more fun and games that were more prevalent from this higher ranked kenpolka. It also appeared early on that he has been intent on helping to make this forum fly, but at the same time if he can pose these quality topics NOW, why couldnt he do them before? Was it due to a lack of topic focus in the other forums, or is it because of the idea that this is more his cup o tea, or is there yet another agenda??? I like some of the topics he has started since this forum began. Some of them have even put questions I have into words. Others have raised even more questions.

Personally, I think this forum is the "I TEACH EPAK AS TAUGHT TO ME BY MR PARKER FORUM" the all end of of traditional EPAK kenpo. I am open to all kenpo. I think Ron Chapel should be allowed to talk about Sub Level Four kenpo here. It is, after all, Kenpo taught to him by Mr. Parker. The hard core traditionalists will not change, it is their nature.

The traditionalists term can be applied to those who think that the 16-24-32 system should never be changed, because it is all in there. I think they are right, I am sure it is all in there. I want to know how to find it and apply it faster, not to achieve a higher belt but to get that idea or concept to the student sooner. Maybe this principle that is not specifically taught until z, could be demonstrated at x. Makes the student more prepared for the challenge sooner.

Mr. Conatser I post this as I see it, no disrespect meant.

Salute

JD

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok...I gotta pop in here...been trying to step back a bit lately...

This isn't an 'official' poll, those are done by admins usually.

We now have 3 Kenpo forums...
1 for General Kenpo/Kempo with a relaxed moderation level. All 'flavors' welcome.

1 for Technical. More focused moderation, but again, all flavors welcome...including EPAK.

1 for EPAK specific focus with a tight moderation policy.

Yes, there is some overlap, and yes, traffic flow has changed. We are monitoring things as we go and will evaluate things accordingly. The announcement of the Tech forums death is premature. The tech forum -may- be rolled back into General....it may not. It depends on its usage, both in reading -and- posting. The same is true of the EPAK forum. It may stay, it may roll back into its component parts.

Heres the key....it all depends on how -you- make use of it. I see the Tech forum as a great reference source, even if its got a low post count as it gives us a place to put the 'meat' of threads. Of course, the prefered thing is for you folks in the know to use it and generate original technical discussions.

For the folks who aren't happy with the EPAK splitoff....EPAK is still welcome in the other 2 forums.

For those who want a 'specialized' area of their own...Show us the 'specialized' interest is there, and we will consider it...you can also look into the hosted forum concept.

MT is commited to supporting the Kenpo Community....The -Entire- Kenpo community, Tracy/Parker and more.

An announcement on this will be forthcoming before years end.

Latest Discussions