Taika Oyata - Bunkai - Kyusho - All peices of stuff that has been missing - Videos Here!!!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Naihanchi's brachial plexus strike

Oyata Strikes arm points

Oyata double strikes and knocks out two people

This is Oyata Sensei's Naihanchi Shodan - where the bulk of these techniques are contained.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find.
icon14.gif

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Naihanchi's brachial plexus strike

Oyata Strikes arm points

Oyata double strikes and knocks out two people

This is Oyata Sensei's Naihanchi Shodan - where the bulk of these techniques are contained.

What do you think?

My teacher lived in the Hombu of the Zenkoku Ryukyu Kempo Renmei, and got his Nanadan (7th dan) under Taika Oyata and does alot of this stuff very similar still ;-)
Taika is an amazing martial artist yes? I have been telling TSD people that forever LOL The missing link is right...
--josh

Last edited by a moderator:

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
I will say this for the guy; he's accurate, and all his moves snap out fast, especially in his form. TSD focuses on landing hand and foot together, though, instead of what he does throughout the form, setting his foot and then executing the move. Now that I know what the open hand "slap" thing is for, though, I see a lot more use out of it, I guess. Before, it was just me grabbing my opponent's head before slamming my elbow into it.

robertmrivers

Orange Belt
Reaction score
JT

I am sure Hanshi, 10th Degree, Okinawan Grandmaster Taika Seiyu Oyata appreciates your critique of his technique. ;)

Rob

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
JT

I am sure Hanshi, 10th Degree, Okinawan Grandmaster Taika Seiyu Oyata appreciates your critique of his technique. ;)

Rob

Lets not forget 60 years of experience, and inheritor of the Uhugushuku and Wakinaguri family martial arts...and the Uhugushuku family name and seals (true Bushi)...
AMEN Rob Sensei...
--josh

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, if that's how his style teaches the form, cool. He's probably got slightly different things in his mind than I do when doing the form. I was just pointing out a slight difference between styles. This is the TSD forum, after all.

Latest Discussions