Taichi Aiki from National Taiwan University

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Ran across this clip from NTU. They show a 24 posture form they have invented interspersed with usage. They have also blended some Aikido training into the program.

Zeny

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not impressed. Amongst other things, two hands to defeat one hand is a big no-no.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amongst other things, two hands to defeat one hand is a big no-no.
:rolleyes:

I see we're just starting 2016 off right...
Bunny_with_Pancake.jpg

Zeny

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When two of your hands grab (as in the video) my one hand, my one hand knows exactly what your two hands are doing but you do not know what my other (still free) hand is doing. Watch that video again, see what the student's (the one being thrown) other hand is doing... sleeping??

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When two of your hands grab (as in the video) my one hand, my one hand knows exactly what your two hands are doing but you do not know what my other (still free) hand is doing. Watch that video again, see what the student's (the one being thrown) other hand is doing... sleeping??

No. The other hand is holding a sandwich. ;)

Actually, I never heard that old adage, yat fook yee, mo yee fook yat (one to control two, not two to control one) applied to taijiquan. It is, however, a well known kuen kuit (boxing saying) of Wing Chun Kuen.

It also applies to a limited extent in DTE Escrima. Whenever I mess up and leave one of my opponent's hands unattended, my coach says, "Gee Steve, that's great technique ....if he's he's eating a sandwich with his other hand! :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Give me an area (time on the video) you are talking about because what I am seeing is someone teaching applications of Chen style postures, not actual fighting or sparing and there are applications that, based on the attack coming at you, you are using 2 hands against one, but all application would depend on the force coming at you

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
1:15 is teaching an application of "Jīngāng dǎo duì" and 2:24 is teaching an application of "liù fēng sì bì" and they are proper applications. These are not live fight scenarios or sparing it is a demonstration of an application of a form.

Latest Discussions