Tai Chi Chih

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue Zheng do you see any problems or possible side effects or health problems with practicing mix tai chi styles and hybrids. Could these hybrids cause malfunctions with Chi circulation, Mutation and mental instability? Do you Tai Chi Chih could cause dementia or some other problems from stagnation or something else...

Just throwing a little question out there...Please do not fire back at me too hard...

First it is Xue Sheng not Xue Zheng. :D

I really don't know much about Tai Chi Chih other than it is not Taijiquan and I have my doubts about the claims of the founder. So I really do not know how they train.

As to hybrids, IMO, it would all depend on the sifu. If he/she was trained and had the understanding of say a Sun Lutang then I see no issues. But if they took a class in 24 form and learned a Tibetan style of Qigong from a cereal box and slapped them together then I would say yes there will be issues.

Superficial training tends to give superficial results. Deep training tends to give deep results and it is the deep training that can be dangerous without a knowledgeable sifu.

But as previously stated I am not a qigong guy.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh so are you the Tai Chi guy?

Sorry about the name mistake?

First it is Xue Sheng not Xue Zheng. :D

I really don't know much about Tai Chi Chih other than it is not Taijiquan and I have my doubts about the claims of the founder. So I really do not know how they train.

As to hybrids, IMO, it would all depend on the sifu. If he/she was trained and had the understanding of say a Sun Lutang then I see no issues. But if they took a class in 24 form and learned a Tibetan style of Qigong from a cereal box and slapped them together then I would say yes there will be issues.

Superficial training tends to give superficial results. Deep training tends to give deep results and it is the deep training that can be dangerous without a knowledgeable sifu.

But as previously stated I am not a qigong guy.

Formosa Neijia

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, I had a feeling that was the kind of response I was going to get. I noticed in another post a person felt a sensation between their hands, I remember the first or so time in tai chi chih it felt like I had two opposing magnets in my hands, and a large ball of energy/magnetic sensation around the end of my hands.

I figured I shoud ask about the cred. of chih before I posted anything about it.

Thanks again, by the way, awesome website.

You really, really want to continue developing that. Don't lose track of that training! You've been given a very special gift, one that takes many people a lifetime to find. Don't undervalue it.

OP
T

Tyler1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You really, really want to continue developing that. Don't lose track of that training! You've been given a very special gift, one that takes many people a lifetime to find. Don't undervalue it.
I have really started using the style above mentioned to heal, and because I really enjoy it. Very energizing, and it is great to add to a heavy weight training schedule I've been following. I started to get a sensation in my left palm about the size of a quarter that tingles and moves slightly. Before this happened I had a real urge to curl my left pinky into the palm when doing the movments. Any ideas?

I've been healing from a surgery called a periacetabular osteotomy that added a few screws into my pelvic bone, but has leveled my frame so tai chi has really changed for me :).

Latest Discussions