Tabs in the Red Binder

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
I have individual "student manuals" for each rank which contain pertinent material required for each rank. These particular manuals are good for the beginning student to reference the material that they are currently learning so as to be an aid at this time.

The "Accumulative Journal" {Teacher Manual} type of notebook is encouraged and a necessity for a more detailed technical "teaching" study center on each area of study. For example, there are several "SECTIONS" such as ... Introduction, Formalities, Basics, Forms & Sets, Technique, Weapons training, Drills, History & Time Lines, Human Anatomy, Terminology, Illustrations, Teaching Skills, and so forth...... I strongly encourage the use of "plastic pocket sheets" to put your material in and not have holes punched in all the material then you will be able to "update" and note when the student gained new knowledge and only have to print out a new section instead of an entire book. Within these sections the student needs to break down the topics into several pages of supporting facts and focal points.

Lets take The Self Defense Techniques for an example.....

The first portion will have a alphabetical, categorical (16 & 24) per belt and per the web of knowledge, directional, & master key breakdown of the Base 154 & optional techniques to the system. Then the following section will take each individual technique and further break it down and examine it's components...

I'll use Delayed Sword as an example......

The 1st section/s will have the technical read out [description] of the technique.
The 2nd section/s will have the [notes] on this technique {this includes the reason for the name, the theme, the ideal phase of the attack, some what if's that could be applicable}
The 3rd section/s will have exactly what the technique [contains and what it teaches] to the student
The 4th section/s will contain the [principles] per each segment of the technique
The 5th section/s will contain the [foot work] patterns of the technique
The 6th section/s will contain a [photo breakdown] to the technique
The 7th section/s will contain the [master key & family related moves]
The 8th section/s will contain [any other miscellaneous notes] associated with the technique.

That should give you a little insight into your question from my perspective.
:asian:
And here I was thinking I wasn't giving much of a chance to respond :rolleyes: I should have known better. Thats great info

Thank you Sir

Dan.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
D_Brady said:
And here I was thinking I wasn't giving much of a chance to respond :rolleyes: I should have known better. Thats great info Thank you Sir Dan.
Hee hee.... you are welcome.... now go get your Journal started.... LOL

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Everytime Mr Dye talks to me about a technique or a teaching attribute I'm writing on something, airport napkin, hotel stationary, my arm. I'll be with him again in Baltimore in a few weeks.

I'm impressed with the info your providing your students with, guarenteeing to keep the art alive.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
D_Brady said:
Everytime Mr Dye talks to me about a technique or a teaching attribute I'm writing on something, airport napkin, hotel stationary, my arm. I'll be with him again in Baltimore in a few weeks.
Mr. Dye is a good man! Listen to him and study what he says. I'll be in West Virginia the 15th and 16th of October.... so stop by and say hi if you can.

Note taking is nothing new. In the early days, Mr. Parker would have a little spiral notebook in his pocket and would often take it out an jot down an idea that came to mind or an observation. So, ya see..... you got a little "Parker" in ya! LOL

Go to as many workshops, seminars, camps etc. that you can. Absorb what the teachers are discussing and file that in what I call your "KNOWLEDGE BANK". :ultracool

D_Brady said:
I'm impressed with the info your providing your students with, guaranteeing to keep the art alive.
Thanks! I try to pass on the Art as completely and thoroughly as possible. Developing talented students, has become a passion for me, so that they become stronger, more knowledgeable and analytical thinkers ion American Kenpo. The trick is to make the next generation "links" stronger than mine. I believe Ed Parker would approve. Keeping the flame he started alive and well is a treasure and an honor. It now [for me] has become my responsibility and duty to do so.

OP
K

KenpoNoChikara

I know chances are most likely slim to none, but does anyone have any idea where I could find one?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I found my "smooth front" Accumulative Journal.... so here it is for you guys to see {complete with tabs..} ..... :)

Attachments

• $BigRedFrontsm.JPG.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 110
  • $BigRedsidesm.JPG.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 112
  • $BigRedinserts1sm.JPG.JPG
    $BigRedinserts1sm.JPG.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 123