Systema saved my @ss today!

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Roland, that's how he introduced my instructor to Systema. He was teaching it to him and didn't tell him till later what they were doing, which he said didn't matter cause this stuff was cool.

As for Al, I met this year for the first time when he came to our school for a seminar. Real nice guy and puts on a great seminar, would like to train with him any time.

:asian:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by GouRonin

.................Due to job requirements I cannot actually strike anyone. I must remain the passive role. The idea is that should a person cease what they are doing then they will not be hurt. No PPCT, no strikes, etc. Control manipulations work well but cannot be pain oriented.

Political correctness at it's worst sometimes. We all have rights but it's my right to keep my awsome good looks.
:rolleyes:

I can see having a rule where you are not allowed to beat the living tar out of someone but can you use any sort of restraining techniques without strikes? Seems a bit too PC if you aren't allowed to even do that.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

But they gave me a tetnus shot anyway!
B@st@rds!
:cuss:

My background is not in FMA. Although I have had some exposure to them.

Gou,

How about Rabies????

Did they test the other guy for Rabies?? KNowing you and all :rofl: .

Just had to give you one :D

Glad it all turned out well.

Rich

OP
K

kenposcum

I went to a seminar in Oak Lawn back in '98 that featured Mr. McKluckie (sp?), Mr. Wheeler, and Mr. Parker Jr. I managed to be demoed on by all three, it hurt, especially when one of my fellows kept asking, "Mr. Wheeler, I didn't get it. Could you do it again, harder and faster?" Mr. McKluckie was pretty bad-*** too(that being a comment of the highest esteem). And Mr. Parker just caused me intense pain(I've heard it said at various seminars since that Mr. Parker Jr. isn't too Kenpo--don't you believe it!). Any way, over the summer, I went to Martin Wheeler's RMA seminar in Evergreen Park at Ray Pohl's dojo, it was fun, although I think I may have missed the point, or perhaps we just didn't get to see "where it was all going." It was fun though, and Mr. Wheeler punched me a bunch of times:)

Latest Discussions