Systema In Michigan

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BOTH beloved and old school experienced practitioners of our way.
Anyone who is in this general area, seeking fine Systema instruction could not go wrong by spending even a few hours with just ONE of these gentle-men...and time with BOTH? PRICELESS!I know both - and although few may know 'me' here - I have a lil experience in the martial. Just a tad...ya know?But I would LOVE to spend time with either/both - and always come away with personal growth....always pure gold!

For those seeking an instructor or affiliate or group...please refer to this reference:
www.russianmartialart.com

There you will be able to find a list of the authorized that presently pass along the System as taught by Vlad Vasilieve.

There might be one so, closer than ya think!

2000wrx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
George is near impossible to get a hold of... I am in the area that he teaches and would love to check his classes out.

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Marvin,
I don't know systema but I train in pramek (www.pramek.com), which is an off-shoot of Kadochnikov systema. I'll be coming through Flint michigan around mid-december to visit my family. I'd be more than happy to get together with you if you're interested. I'm by no means an instructor but I could probably give you a good idea about the material. Plus I'll give me something to do since my old BJJ teacher will be out of town.

Edit: I just noticed that this post is over a year old and is probably no longer relavent. My offer still is open though.

OP
Marvin

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Marvin,
I don't know systema but I train in pramek (www.pramek.com), which is an off-shoot of Kadochnikov systema. I'll be coming through Flint michigan around mid-december to visit my family. I'd be more than happy to get together with you if you're interested. I'm by no means an instructor but I could probably give you a good idea about the material. Plus I'll give me something to do since my old BJJ teacher will be out of town.

Edit: I just noticed that this post is over a year old and is probably no longer relavent. My offer still is open though.
Great! Just shoot me an e-mail when you get into town!
Marvin
ps who did you train bjj with in the area?

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Martin,
Will do. I trained with Jim Burchfield at the american fitness center about a year, then I joined the army. I'm a blue belt now under a Martin Escobar affiliate.

rocketrich

White Belt
Reaction score
Marvin,

I am coming back to Flint area for Chrismas as well, I would be interested in seeing what you guys are all about

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Al McLuckie teaches systema in Fort Wayne , Indiana. Not MI but depending on where your coming from not nessesarily far.

http://www.almcluckie.com/

His web site is mostly on his artwork but he's a remarkable martial artist and well worth training with.

Jeff

2000wrx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just to bump this up again... Does anyone have contact info for George P. I like what I hve seen in this system and have been looking into Aikido, but haven't found much in the way of schools.

If I could train with George that would be great.

Thanks

Arthur

Blue Belt
Reaction score
George P. has been practicing Systema longer than anyone that frequents this board. If your in Michigan and into RMA, you'd be making a mistake if you didn't take some time to meet with him, and see what he had to offer.

Arthur