System Pre-emptive Strike Video Clip!

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I must admit, when the video first started, I mean the very beginning, I was thinking, "What the heck is this?" ... but turns out to have some excellent stuff within it. Thanks Brian, good find!

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
'I' am somewhere around the last 13 seconds of the clip - facing Misha Ryabco. And although it most certainly appears I am 'tanking' - I was there and felt that simple wave/co-ordinated movement. Though over 6 years ago, I remember the actual strike - if you think that is what it is - was NOT painful at all. BUT - the movement caused sort of a dis-balance in my spine that I tried hard to correct - but could not catch up with. The only way to 'survive and get out' was to just roll out of it. Misha told me he was surprised I was up on my feet as long as I was.

The clip was very good - especially about relaxed striking. The way one swings a hammer.

Fear of an attacker - or even the desire to hit hard - cause tension in the way muscles work. This is easy to see in any new student to striking methods. Watch Ali in his prime.

Just a quick visit.

Boomer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good stuff. There was a systema school out my way for a short time, but it went under. I was disappointed to see it go, as they allowed me to come in and play a few times.

Batleth

White Belt
Reaction score
Excellent clip, very interesting technique/tactic.