"Superman Returns" Teaser Trailer out!!!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you see John Byrne make a "guest appearance" in the Funky Winkerbean comic strip last week?

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Did you see John Byrne make a "guest appearance" in the Funky Winkerbean comic strip last week?

No, I didn't see that. Byrne was my favorite artist for years. Sure, a lot of his males all looked alike (Steve Rogers, Johnny Storm, Henry Pym, The Original Human Torch, Hawkeye, etc) but I had spent so many good minutes reading comics he'd illustrated. He'll always be one of my favorites, for sentimental reasons if nothing else.

He also loved to take meeker women, turn them evil, and have them emerge ultimately still heroic but stronger.

He was the guy behind the Susan Storm/Malice, The Scarlet Witch's redefinition of power (that Avengers: West Coast storyline is one of my facorites), and of course was a driving force with Chris Claremont on Jean Grey's turn to Dark Phoenix.

Along with his stint on redefining Superman, his contribution to comics will go down in history.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're running a series now on comic books and John Byrne was an expert witness in a trial. It must have been with his permission.

J

Josh

They're making a new Videogame off this new Superman Movie too.

It looks awesome.

Can't wait to see it/play it.

Good Times!!!

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
The trailer tells me that this is going to be a remake of the Christopher Reeve's version of the tale. Going back to the roots of his origins and so forth.

By all accounts it's a retelling of Superman's return to earth after he went off into space for an extended period. Shows some orgin stuff, but most of the movie's supposed to be Superman coping with a world that's mostly moved on without him.

Latest Discussions