Suitable for MT?

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
As an 18 year old Cross Country/ Track runner with a few months of TKD, KICKBOXING, and HAPKIDO training, do you think I'd be able to withstand many of the physical demands of MT.

I am skinny (135 lbs) and lack upper-body strength, I do have powerful legs and sharp elbows! hahaha.

Anyways, I guess I am just rambling on, but would I be able to withstand moderate MT training?

xjrrrdx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I ran cross country / track. I am 6'3 165-175lbs depending on the holiday haha. I think our endurance really has a positive effect on training. As far as the punishment, the only things that hurt the most is shin to shin. Other than that I dont think its really brutal...and in my opinion if it is that punishing and brutal in training than something is wrong with the school.

OP
S

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, with TKD my endurance and kicks prevailed.

Shins were what i was concerned with! However, I am opting to take MT in my freshman year of college (Ill be in Hoboken and already found an instructor).

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It as much mental attitude as any thing else. You lose nothing by giving it a try but if you do not at least try you will never know

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
MT? Martial Talk? yeah, you'll do good. Some may be bitter but, you'll hold your own.....oh, you meant MuayThai, in that case, Yes, You'll be fine. The mental discipline of running that much, through the many conditions, and the physical aspect will aid you greatly. Good luck and enjoy you're training.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Go for it! I knew a police officer that was 6'3" and about 165lbs. He trained in muay thai and he was damn good. Consistent muay thai training will help you build some overall body strength and develop some awesome conditioning.

Latest Discussions