Success story

Lexo

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know martial artists like to hear about situations where a technique actually worked against an attacker. So here we go. A few years ago I was training a combination of Northern long fist and a Southern style (I think it was called Hong family fist or something). Anyway, me and my cousin were walking from one club to another late one Saturday night and got approached by two pretty evil looking guys. The one guy walks up to me and puts his one hand on my shoulder, and with his other hand points gun at my stomach. He started to say a sentence but, to my surprise, I hit him with a classic straight punch. It was the first time I'd used a Kung fu punch with full force on a real person, I must admit it hurt but all those knuckle push ups paid off and the dudes nose got crunched. We ran like little girls and my cousin thought I was pretty stupid to hit him. Fair enough, if the guy had pulled the trigger I would probably be dead. But anyway, he didn't see that punch until it hit him and he fell hard so yeah, there you go. Keep training

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
this a great case in self-defense.
if kung fu can not provide the basic safety for us, what can we want from it? confidence? libability?
without basic function, kung fu is nothing.

OP
L

Lexo

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you, and I've found that many guys in my former school (including the sifu) had been in very serious situations but had dealt with them. There were also some failures though. I remember one guy in my class got mugged by a dude with a knife. He tried to kick the knife out of the guys hand with a sort of snappy kick. Well, he got stabbed in the leg. He was wiser for the experience though.

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Wow... it seems your former school is not so ...peaceful.
on the other hand, in real fight, we can judge whether what we learn is right or not.
so we may discuss about what CMA gives to you in fight?
i don't have these experiece at all. if you like, i do want to hear your opinion.

Latest Discussions