Strikeforce: Frank Shamrock vs Phil Baroni

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
England's Paul Daley was on the same card and defeated Duane Ludwig by TKO in Round 2 in 42secs thus doing what Sudo and Pulver couldn't!! :ultracool

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno, Frank could barely stand. Watching that without sound I think would show a closer fight.

But what annoys me is the attitude. He used to be one of my favorites, now I just want to see one of the UFC or Prides top 185 guys KO him. Illegal strikes, taunting, holding the choke well after he was out and the ref said stop... then bragging about holding the choke durring the post fight interview... Baroni, who I generally find annoying, should a lot more class in that fight.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dunno, Frank could barely stand. Watching that without sound I think would show a closer fight.

But what annoys me is the attitude. He used to be one of my favorites, now I just want to see one of the UFC or Prides top 185 guys KO him. Illegal strikes, taunting, holding the choke well after he was out and the ref said stop... then bragging about holding the choke durring the post fight interview... Baroni, who I generally find annoying, should a lot more class in that fight.

Well Frank is defintely older so at the end of any fight I would imagine he would be a little tired. Still I think he really handed it to Baroni. Now as for class? :idunno: Well I never thought Frank had much and unfortunately that seems to be the trend with alot of MMA fighter's.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First round was definately Shamrock, but Second seemed a lot closer until the choke.

Certainely wasn't as one sided as the commentators where making it out to be though. And as far as age goes, Shamrock is 34, Baroni 31. Shouldn't be much of a issue.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Franks because of his attitude and lack of class. I appreciate his fighting skill but his personality... well, I won't say it.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First round was definately Shamrock, but Second seemed a lot closer until the choke.

Certainely wasn't as one sided as the commentators where making it out to be though. And as far as age goes, Shamrock is 34, Baroni 31. Shouldn't be much of a issue.

Frank simply put has more mileage on his body than many other fighter's his age. Still we will have to disagree Andrew (which is okay) because I feel that Frank took it to Baroni and it was pretty one sided.

Latest Discussions