Stretching contraptions

L

Little_Shoto

This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I didn't see one for Martial Arts Equipment (if there is one, I guess I'm blind ...DOH!!)

Has anyone used any of those devices that help stretch you out? If so, do they work? I'm about as flexible as a 2 X 4 and was looking for something to help me out ...the old fashioned way just doesn't seem to be working anymore since I'm getting too darn old. lol

:asian:

OP
D

DKI Girl

We have one at home, but the secret is: you have to use it...just looking at it doesn't work.....dang it!!!

Seriously, it has helped us out. From what I have been told, you have to hold each stretch for 30 seconds before moving onto the next one. That is how the gymnasts get so good at it.

dki girl

OP
L

Little_Shoto

Thanks for the reply. :)

What kind do you have? I have seen the $300 ones ..but have also seen some for $30.

Do the $30 ones work?

OP
F

fissure

I used the type with the "rotary crank" in the middle ( that description just popped into my mind - pretty good ,huh!), a long time ago. The thing made me sore as hell. I think I saw one in a dungeon in a movie once.
I found that dynamic stretching has given me the best results over the years, even after I did some heavy lifting for quite some time.

Latest Discussions