strategy and tactics

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I fully agree. Perhaps it came across wrong, I'm not sure. But nothing in what I wrote was meant to go "defensive" once the mierda was on the ventilador.

Regardless, I'm certain we're on the same page. Invade the space.

Salute,

Steven Brown
UKF
Voice inflections are tough on the web. I was agreeing with your position; however it would be hard to ask a 98lb female to invade the space of a 250LB male; so, I qualified.
Sean

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This sounds like great kempo!! I have found that in teaching this is one of the hardest things to bring out in people. They tend not to like to invade space adn therefore mis align thier own body to compensate. In the end we get through to them. :)

Respectfully,
Marlon

I may not have been clear. I wasn't referring to being blasted on the line. I find that good Kenpoists take control but not necessarily in a pain mediated way. Because it is not merely dependent on youth, strength and size, Kenpo continues to work as we age and get sneakier. I still believe that the underlying principle is to cause bad postural alignment in your opponent while maintaining dynamic stability in yourself. Bujuts is correct that we invade the space but unless you do something to give yourself superior stability, size and strength will rule the day. By looking at the techniques as relative postural alignment you can also moderate your response to your opponent and destroy the attacker with a knife but merely realign your drunk brother-in-law whose acting like an ***. In medicine it would be inappropriate to go all KENPO on an elderly demented agitated patient (or a young psych patient for that matter) but I still use my kenpo to realign them posturally while trying to use words and body language to de-escalate the situation.

Respectfully,

Jeff

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This sounds like great kempo!! I have found that in teaching this is one of the hardest things to bring out in people. They tend not to like to invade space adn therefore mis align thier own body to compensate. In the end we get through to them. :)

Respectfully,
Marlon
Thanks

Warrior-Scholar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
By looking at the techniques as relative postural alignment you can also moderate your response to your opponent and destroy the attacker with a knife but merely realign your drunk brother-in-law whose acting like an ***. In medicine it would be inappropriate to go all KENPO on an elderly demented agitated patient (or a young psych patient for that matter) but I still use my kenpo to realign them posturally while trying to use words and body language to de-escalate the situation.

Respectfully,

Jeff
On that note, I like to teach youngsters the 1st Brown extension to Scraping Hooves without the kicks. The footwork looks cool to the kids and they want to learn it immediately (especially since one of the assistant instructors usually ends up on his butt). Point: attain a superior position through imbalance of opponent without ruining his knees.

Latest Discussions