Strange request

M

miguksaram

I have a guy who is looking for a Karate school in the Kamakura area of Japan. Here is the catch, he is looking for a school that teaches traditional weapons, that is not a kendo school.

Anyone have any leads for him? Much appreciated.

With respect,

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm confused.

You mention karate, which is an Okinawan art, and Kendo, which is a Japanese art. S, does he want a karate school that teaches traditional okinawan weapons (tonfa, nunchaku, sai, etc), or is he looking for any school that teaches traditional weaponry?

OP
M

miguksaram

Don Roley said:
I'm confused.

You mention karate, which is an Okinawan art, and Kendo, which is a Japanese art. S, does he want a karate school that teaches traditional okinawan weapons (tonfa, nunchaku, sai, etc), or is he looking for any school that teaches traditional weaponry?

He is looking for a school that teaches traditional weaponry. The reason why I mentioned the kendo was that he is not interested in sword. He is interested in the kamas, tonfas, bo, etc... Thank you.

OP
M

miguksaram

Saitama Steve said:
I'd send him to Robert Rousellot. Rob lives in the Kanagawa area (Kamakura is in Kanagawa) and teaches & trains in classical Okinawan Karate and weaponry.

Thanks. Here is the guys name and phone number: Matt Karasch 81-467-547000. Would you by chance be willing to send your friend's phone number or email in case the guy calls our school again? You can contact me offline at [email protected] if you don't want to submit it on the forum.Thanks again for you help.

With respect,

Jeremy

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
miguksaram said:
I have a guy who is looking for a Karate school in the Kamakura area of Japan. Here is the catch, he is looking for a school that teaches traditional weapons, that is not a kendo school.

Anyone have any leads for him? Much appreciated.

With respect,
I teach Okinawan karate and Okinawan Kobudo in Kamakura and Tokyo.

Shoot me an email and I can give you dierections.

you can contact me at [email protected]

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While RRouuselot and I have never really seen eye-to-eye as far as MartialTalk is concerned, I do have to say I've heard nothing but good things about his training and system.

Cthulhu

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The guy still hasn't contacted me.........guess he isn't that serious.

Anyway, my number is listed below.........

Latest Discussions