Sticky Hands

K

Kong

I studied Tai Chi for a year, until the instructor moved, but she wouldn't teach it even to her senior students (5+ years)
Is this common in Tai Chi? I`ve only been training Tai Chi for a few months now, and our instructor has us doing push hands every session, he also shows martial applications to the form from the getgo!
Granted I joined the class a little late, the others have been with the instructor for about a year, most of them at least, but he (our instructor) seems to be very open about martial applications and focuses alot on push hands.

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kong

Is this common in Tai Chi? I`ve only been training Tai Chi for a few months now, and our instructor has us doing push hands every session, he also shows martial applications to the form from the getgo!
Granted I joined the class a little late, the others have been with the instructor for about a year, most of them at least, but he (our instructor) seems to be very open about martial applications and focuses alot on push hands.

It is fairly uncommon to find a teacher that focuses on the Martial application as much as your's does. Stay with him and learn, its worth it.

7sm

Latest Discussions