steel fan kata for ladies

patrick22

White Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8MupIM13c0"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/j8MupIM13c0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

putting this vid up made me wonder... is there anything similar to this in other arts? if there is ive never seen any

Last edited by a moderator:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife studies Tai Chi fan within her other Tai Chi studies. Many Tai Chi styles have a fan in them, but most I believe are bamboo and cloth and not metal. Bagua has a steel fan.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but I believe Bushi Matsumura knew how to use the steel fan.

In the spirit of Bushido!

Rob

Munkyjitsudo

White Belt
Reaction score
Back when DZR Jujitsu was invented there was a board devoted to the iron fan arts, seen my sensei bring her iron fan and mess around with it, very devastating weapon, you have it open when striking and let the fan crack shut while it's striking for added impact, crack your skull and your ear drums at the same time, the iron fan is NOT just for woman, and very good improvised legal weapon, would love to learn it but hard to find a friggin jujitsu teacher to teach it these days.

EDIT: from looking at the video it's Moore's, I have one of there schools right down the street, like 5 min away, I checked it out seemed really mcdojoish, just wondering if anyone has taken the moore's chinese martial arts system? Cause if it's any good I'll have a school to train at thats only 5 min away, just like my jujitsu, and that would be pimp.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Thank-you for sharing the video.

Today I still prefer electric fans over the manuel ones.

The it is amazing how weapons can be made from everyday objects.

Sometimes I use a stone as a rock. (flies straight) when thrown very hard. And the impact depends on the size of the stone (rock)...heavier is harded to launch. .........Aloha

Latest Discussions