State of the Union?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Standard party line statments and false promises, with an elect me again spin.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Another fake speech from a psuedopresident.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just have the standard responces:

-Where will the money come from?

-Will this actually be followed through on, or dropped for the next passing political fad?

-About time you noticed there are issues in this country.

-Yeah right.

-Thats not the place of government to dictate.

-That just might work....in fantasyland.

-Sure you care, thats why your buddies already stripped out the stuff that woulda helped us.

These usually apply to most of his speeches.
Pity we're stuck with him for at least another 4 years.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

Have hope. If not there's always impeachment.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You know what I notice? Most people who aren't card carrying conservative republicans are saying the same thing, "I don't want him to get elected again, but there is no hope...its bound to happend!"

Guess what, if WE VOTE FOR THE DEMOCRATIC CANIDATE IN 2004, THEN HE WON"T GET ELECTED.

If Bush gets elected again, and YOU didn't vote, you had better hide that information from me, because you will get a verbal azwhooping. IF he gets elected and you don't vote, you have NO RIGHT to complain, in my opinion. There is nothing that pisses me off more when eligable voters who didn't take the time to get to the voting booths whine about who got elected.

So lets not have another 4 years of hell if we can help it. Lets vote.

PAUL

btw...the "you" was directed at everyone, not just Bob. ;)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
If Bush gets elected again, and YOU didn't vote, you had better hide that information from me, because you will get a verbal azwhooping.

We can have a MT get out the vote drive. Complete with the knives!:D

R

rmcrobertson

For sheer flat out funny, I don't think Bush's speech compares to the one Ah-nuld gave out here in California a couple of weeks ago. But then, there's the accent issue...

Hey, you know what I didn't know? I didn't know that the Prez comes from a line of wealthy financiers, oilmen and Washington insiders stretching back more than a century...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson
Hey, you know what I didn't know? I didn't know that the Prez comes from a line of wealthy financiers, oilmen and Washington insiders stretching back more than a century...

Who happen to be responsible for some pretty horrible things...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outside of the stripping of civil liberties, poisoning of the enviroment, war profiteering, and various gouging (such as oil prices) I'm certain they are a rather nice bunch of blokes.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outside of the stripping of civil liberties, poisoning of the enviroment, war profiteering, and various gouging (such as oil prices) I'm certain they are a rather nice bunch of blokes.

You forgot "leaving the children behind", trashing any hope I had of a successful retirment, and doing his best to make sure that there are no jobs in the U.S. by the end of the decade.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Too true man....

I had a thought here....
Somewhere, there has to be a transcript, or a point-by-point of the SOTU. Can someone locate it and post it?

A point by point dicection would be in order, rather than us just rehashin the same-ol.

:asian:

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Too true man....

I had a thought here....
Somewhere, there has to be a transcript, or a point-by-point of the SOTU. Can someone locate it and post it?

A point by point dicection would be in order, rather than us just rehashin the same-ol.

:asian:

I agree. I point by point discussion would be worth while, as well as worth a whole lot of laughs! :rofl:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can someone locate it and post it? . . . A point by point dicection would be in order,

Pardon me for jumping in. ... this post is from Eric Alterman, a kindred spirit of mine ... very left, but very thoughtful.

Ok, I’ll say one other thing. What the hell is a “weapons of mass destruction-related program activity?” And what is its relationship to statements like these:
"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." - Dick Cheney Speech to VFW National Convention, Aug. 26, 2002
"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons." - George W. Bush Speech to U.N. General Assembly, Sept. 12, 2002
"We know for a fact that there are weapons there." - Ari Fleischer Press Briefing, Jan. 9, 2003
"I'm absolutely sure that there are weapons of mass destruction there and the evidence will be forthcoming. We're just getting it just now." - Colin Powell Remarks to Reporters, May 4, 2003

Thanks for listening ... Mike

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by michaeledward

Ok, I’ll say one other thing. What the hell is a “weapons of mass destruction-related program activity?”

Oh I know...I heard that and laughed my friggin @$$ off. It insane to me that so many people won't admit that his entire administration lied.

Hell, even if they find WMD hidden somewhere, they still lied because they said they had proof already that they couldn't bring to the table until after an invasion. We invaded...where is the proof. Lies...

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This comes from David Corn ... not an impartial source ... however, I believe quite a credible source. His material is well researched and does not include the heated rhetoric of some of the other books that call Bush a liar.

"No one can now doubt the word of America."

That's what George W. Bush told the United States and the world public in his State of the Union address this evening. He was referring to the war in Iraq, which he defended vigorously in the speech. But this remark made it seem he was oblivious to the fact that many people around the globe believe that the war in Iraq demonstrated that Bush's word is worth nothing. Yes, he did make good on his threat to use military force in Iraq. But he misled America and the world regarding Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction. Bush chose not to directly address the issue of MIA WMDs in the speech. Instead, he offered a weak argument, noting that David Kay, the chief weapons hunter, "identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities." Programs are not weapons. And Kay's report contradicted key assertions Bush and his aides issued before the war. Bush and Company had claimed Hussein had revived a nuclear weapons program. Kay said, "to date we have not uncovered evidence that Iraq undertook significant post-1998 steps to actually build nuclear weapons or produce fissile material." Bush and his crew had maintained they possessed undeniable evidence Hussein had chemical weapons. Kay reported, "Our efforts to collect and exploit intelligence on Iraq's chemical weapons program have thus far yielded little reliable information on post-1991 CW stocks and CW agent production." In his State of the Union address, Bush said, "Had we failed to act, the dictator's weapons of mass destruction programs would continue to this day." But it remains unclear how advanced those weapons programs were. And, more importantly, Bush had not argued prior to the war that Iraq had to be invaded and occupied to thwart Hussein's programs. Weapons that could be slipped to al Qaeda were the raison de guerre. Has he forgotten?

The rest is here:
http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=1198

DON'T FORGET ABOUT DAVID CORN'S NEW BOOK, The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception (Crown Publishers). A NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER! The Library Journal says, "Corn chronicles to devastating effect the lies, falsehoods, and misrepresentations....Corn has painstakingly unearthed a bill of particulars against the president that is as damaging as it is thorough." For more information and a sample, check out the book's official website: www.bushlies.com.

And, read Corn's Iowa Talking Points.

Latest Discussions