starting as a bouncer

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just try to stay alert and work in teams. Don't walk places alone where you could get in trouble like the parking lot, bathroom, and so forth. Last week we had two guys that were made to leave and waited for a few of us employees at the end of the night. With 2 ft. pipewrenches. It didn't end well for them, but this is just one type of situation you can be confronted with. Also, you can still be a target off-duty and in another establishment. I've had that happen more than once. Some people don't realize you are just doing a job and its not personal.
Sean

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been a bouncer for the last 10 years. Everything from the gentleman's clubs to band security. The one bit of advice I can give you is not to be rude to people. Afterall you are not there just to protect the interest of the client that has hired you but you are also there to protect the well being of the patrons of the clients establishment. Most bouncers come in with a huge chip on their shoulder and think they are better than everyone else. The bouncers that come in with that attitude are the ones that usually end up in the fights during the night. Remember talk first and the last resort is physical. Treat people the way you would want to be treated and you will not have any problems.

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Wear a cup and a bullet/stab-resistant vest. I'm not a bouncer, but I've heard some stories. If I ever deceide to be a bouncer, those are two items that I'd never work without. I've also heard about guys that end up arrested/sued after doing their jobs as bouncers...then not backed up by who they were working for when in front of a judge.

Latest Discussions