Stars of Old

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've just been watching El Cid for the first time in ages ... what a fabulous movie :D.

One thing that struck me, as I was watching, was the contrast between the stars of old and the new agents of the Silver Screen ... the difference between the mechanics of acting and sheer, unmitigated, stage presence.

Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren on the same screen ... so much concentrated charisma I'm surprised my TV didn't fry :).

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I certainly understand your comment. But I'd reckon we still have some good actors and actresses.

I'll get back to you when I remember one.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
few and far between.
The craft is overshadowed by special effects and loud noises....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The attitude of the actors of old is entirely different than those of today and I do not think it is for the better, meaning that I like the actors of the old days better than those of today. Been watching a lot of old movies lately and reading about some of the old actors and I tend to like both better

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
The attitude of the actors of old is entirely different than those of today and I do not think it is for the better, meaning that I like the actors of the old days better than those of today. Been watching a lot of old movies lately and reading about some of the old actors and I tend to like both better

Absolutely agree. Stars of yesteryear are be more than just the "pretty" face, a pay check and a bunch of outlandish acts for TMZ we seem to have today.