Standing for long periods of time?

Nyrotic

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was just wondering, I work at seaworld and we're not allowed to sit down (it's probably because I'm so asian), so I'm stuck standing for hours at a time. Is there anything I can do while standing that will help relieve the pressure from my knees, or am I just gonna have to deal with the pain?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was just wondering, I work at seaworld and we're not allowed to sit down (it's probably because I'm so asian), so I'm stuck standing for hours at a time. Is there anything I can do while standing that will help relieve the pressure from my knees, or am I just gonna have to deal with the pain?

Flex your knees (don't let your legs lock); shift your weight frequently; walk around if at all possible; wear very comfortable shoes with arch supports (good quality cross trainers or walking shoes are a good choice, although I'm sure there are others); lean on something whenever possible; see if they'll let you stand on a mat of some type (there are some designed for people who must stand for long periods)... and if you're truly experiencing pain (not discomfort) talk to your boss about it, because it could cause permanent damage.

Latest Discussions