Sports Illustrated World's Most Dominant Athlete

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, in the interest of clarity-I know Ronda Rousey's mom. I know the people who train her. When I'm in LA, there's two places I go to: the Wild Card Gym, and the Hayastan Academy....there's a few others, but those are the two I'll almost always get a workout in....that I'll talk about, anyway.....I don't ever go to the Glendale Gym, where she (supposedly) does most of her working out......

I know Ronda Rousey well enough, though, to get a nod and a wave when she sees me-maybe a smile, but I'd be surprised if she remembers my name.....

Be that as it may, I admire the woman's work ethic: she is a gym-monster. I like her competitive spirit. There are things I don't like about her, much like Irene-though I do like her candor: she's not embarassed to talk about some of those things...

So, I bought the Sports Illustrated issue in question-a magazine I normally don't care much for, (though, back in '77, I made "Faces in the Crowd," for lacrosse.....). First thing, I looked for adverts related to the UFC...cynical as I am about that sort of thing, I have to report that there aren't any, as near as I can tell: except for the cover itself, and the UFC emblazoned across her chest, there's just the article itself.......the article itself is a puff-piece, though it does quote the ""ninja sh!t" line, as well as the one about making out with her dog.....and it does mention something I mentioned to Buka in PM, how, as a teenager, she'd beat guys up on the Santa Monica pier for bets-and use the money for Starbucks....."will fight for Frappucino," is how she brags on it....
brags on it...little lovely psycho....,reminds me of my own daughter.......
rolling.gif

She's remarkably strong, well-trained, and talented-as long as she keeps winning fights in such short order, she'll have a long career: she already suffers from arthritis, has for nearly ten years, so she also is doubtlessly working on her segue into whatever comes next,....There was really nothing in the article to support the idea of her dominance, except, of course, her record, which stands for itself.

As for Tez, and those who think I was "picking on her," I wasn't-it's how we wind up interacting, from time to time, and I'm not going to apologize for it: it's a shame she's kinda thin-skinned......I've never cared for those who can dish it out but can't take it, but one has to accept their friends with all of their shortcomings...just as one has to recognize their own-in my case, I have a tendency to go for the jugular, and not let go........I will apologize for ignoring the moderators, somehow-I didn't really realize that I had, but mea culpa

Fact is, though.....well-here's another story about me: I name my motorcycles after superheros: my blue BMW K100rs is "Batman," my copper-colored BMW K100LT is "Iron Man," and my HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic is....well, of course it's "Captain America."
rolling.gif

I have a Sportster named "Bucky," but I never ride it.....
rolling.gif

My trucks are named after comic book villains-my big old red '66 Dodge Powerwagon is "the Dreaded Dormammu." (You kids should look that up-Steve Ditko was the ****!)....

My cars, though, get gals names....earlier this year, after a good couple of days in Vegas, I added a Jag to the barn, and I named her "Irene," after my friend across the pond.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
First off, in the interest of clarity-I know Ronda Rousey's mom. I know the people who train her. When I'm in LA, there's two places I go to: the Wild Card Gym, and the Hayastan Academy....there's a few others, but those are the two I'll almost always get a workout in....that I'll talk about, anyway.....I don't ever go to the Glendale Gym, where she (supposedly) does most of her working out......

I know Ronda Rousey well enough, though, to get a nod and a wave when she sees me-maybe a smile, but I'd be surprised if she remembers my name.....

Be that as it may, I admire the woman's work ethic: she is a gym-monster. I like her competitive spirit. There are things I don't like about her, much like Irene-though I do like her candor: she's not embarassed to talk about some of those things...

So, I bought the Sports Illustrated issue in question-a magazine I normally don't care much for, (though, back in '77, I made "Faces in the Crowd," for lacrosse.....). First thing, I looked for adverts related to the UFC...cynical as I am about that sort of thing, I have to report that there aren't any, as near as I can tell: except for the cover itself, and the UFC emblazoned across her chest, there's just the article itself.......the article itself is a puff-piece, though it does quote the ""ninja sh!t" line, as well as the one about making out with her dog.....and it does mention something I mentioned to Buka in PM, how, as a teenager, she'd beat guys up on the Santa Monica pier for bets-and use the money for Starbucks....."will fight for Frappucino," is how she brags on it....
brags on it...little ******* psycho....,reminds me of my own daughter.......
rolling.gif

She's remarkably strong, well-trained, and talented-as long as she keeps winning fights in such short order, she'll have a long career: she already suffers from arthritis, has for nearly ten years, so she also is doubtlessly working on her segue into whatever comes next,....There was really nothing in the article to support the idea of her dominance, except, of course, her record, which stands for itself.

As for Tez, and those who think I was "picking on her," I wasn't-it's how we wind up interacting, from time to time, and I'm not going to apologize for it: it's a shame she's kinda thin-skinned......I've never cared for those who can dish it out but can't take it, but one has to accept their friends with all of their shortcomings...just as one has to recognize their own-in my case, I have a tendency to go for the jugular, and not let go........I will apologize for ignoring the moderators, somehow-I didn't really realize that I had, but mea culpa

Fact is, though.....well-here's another story about me: I name my motorcycles after superheros: my blue BMW K100rs is "Batman," my copper-colored BMW K100LT is "Iron Man," and my HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic is....well, of course it's "Captain America."
rolling.gif

I have a Sportster named "Bucky," but I never ride it.....
rolling.gif

My trucks are named after comic book villains-my big old red '66 Dodge Powerwagon is "the Dreaded Dormammu." (You kids should look that up-Steve Ditko was the s$h!t!)....

My cars, though, get gals names....earlier this year, after a good couple of days in Vegas, I added a Jag to the barn, and I named her "Irene," after my friend across the pond.....

I have no idea what half, or more, of your post is going on about and how bikes got mixed up with RR and who's the most dominant athlete out there, all I would say is that Dormammu was/is one crack character and deserves a shot in one of these numerous Marvel films that keep popping up, only one that could take him down was the Scarlet Witch.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I have no idea what half, or more, of your post is going on about and how bikes got mixed up with RR and who's the most dominant athlete out there, all I would say is that Dormammu was/is one crack character and deserves a shot in one of these numerous Marvel films that keep popping up, only one that could take him down was the Scarlet Witch.

Dr. Strange hasn't appeared in movies, yet, but he and Clea took down Dormammu a time or two....

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My trucks are named after comic book villains-my big old red '66 Dodge Powerwagon is "the Dreaded Dormammu." (You kids should look that up-Steve Ditko was the s$h!t!)....

Okay, you get some cool points in my book for that.

Dr. Strange hasn't appeared in movies, yet, but he and Clea took down Dormammu a time or two....

The Dr. Strange movie is due out in 2016. You would think that Dormammu would be the logical villain, but I haven't seen any announcements yet regarding the film's bad guy.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay, you get some cool points in my book for that.

The Dr. Strange movie is due out in 2016. You would think that Dormammu would be the logical villain, but I haven't seen any announcements yet regarding the film's bad guy.
Hmmm, I have completely missed this coming up...thanks

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dr. Strange?

Man, I gotta' get out more.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know a recently as a few days ago I decided that in my 8 years here I had made a lot of posts but I never regretted any of them more than the two most recent I started

"MMA VS Traditional Martial Arts - article from Fox Baguazhang", and "Sports Illustrated World's Most Dominant Athlete"

It is nice to see that "Sports Illustrated World's Most Dominant Athlete" appears to be turning around.

As for the other, frankly I wish they would lock the silliness that ensues from it.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
"See, you let the plant grow, then you love the plant up."

Cray-cray girl.And that was before the whole "hope she doesn't kill herself" stupidity...

Check this out.

Of course, this is her cool down-she's hardly "annihilating" those bags at all, but the gal's a gym-monster, and has way better hands (and feet) than most people give her credit for.....

Bethe Correia is so fucked.

Last edited:

stand-up-strike

White Belt
Reaction score
If we are talking dominant in terms of being more skilled than everyone else, then it goes to Lionel Messi of Barcalona.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are talking dominant in terms of being more skilled than everyone else, then it goes to Lionel Messi of Barcalona.

World class yes, but not on the world stage going on his national statistics. He does have unique poise, power and grace, but against the best CB's, it is still 50/50.

Latest Discussions