South Park vs Scientology

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hayes is a follower of Scientology.

Knowing what little I know about Scientology, he may have been given no choice by the L. Ron Hubbered crowd.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
They are already writing a new episode with Chef coming back (not Issac Hayes) but there will be a funny twist.

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chef is back! But he is more machine than man. More *twisted and evil* cough cough "Darth Chef" cough cough.

Anyone see the episode? I just watched it.

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Quite a twisted episode. It was really funny. I like how they would purposely string together sound clips that didn't even sound like they belonged to drive home the point that Isaac Hayes had left.

And Kyle's speech at the end that we shouldn't hate Chef (meaning Isaac Hayes) but rather we should hate the "fruity little club" that screwed up his mind was classic.

Vic
www.combatartsusa.com

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nanalo74 said:
Quite a twisted episode. It was really funny. I like how they would purposely string together sound clips that didn't even sound like they belonged to drive home the point that Isaac Hayes had left.

And Kyle's speech at the end that we shouldn't hate Chef (meaning Isaac Hayes) but rather we should hate the "fruity little club" that screwed up his mind was classic.

Vic
www.combatartsusa.com

I missed the episode being here in Florida right now. I hope to catch it in a repeat showing. It sound funny to me. :D ;) :p

OP
Don Roley

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich,
You got it easy. I probably have a few years before they show it where I am. :mad:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Rich,
You got it easy. I probably have a few years before they show it where I am. :mad:

A scientology boot camp?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
A scientology boot camp?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:lol: :roflmao:

That was a good reply.

And Yes Don I have it easy for I should see it in the next few months. :D

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Question: I keep hearing that there is an episode that hasn't aired because Tom Cruse had a fit? But, I saw the scientology episode where Mr. Cruse wouldn't "come out of the closet." So, what episode would they be talking about? Are they talking about airing re-runs of the already aired scientology episode, or is there an actual episode that we haven't seen yet?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Question: I keep hearing that there is an episode that hasn't aired because Tom Cruse had a fit? But, I saw the scientology episode where Mr. Cruse wouldn't "come out of the closet." So, what episode would they be talking about? Are they talking about airing re-runs of the already aired scientology episode, or is there an actual episode that we haven't seen yet?

Paul,

That epidsode is what caused the problems. IT was originally scheduled for air on Wednesday night. It was supposedly pulled to play two episodes about Chef, for a tribute to him.

The side story on the internet and quoted here, is that Tom Cruise said he would not support MI-3 if it (* The South Park Episode *) was aired.

So you have Comedy Channel and the Creators of South Park saying two different things.

All the episodes have been aired in the USA already. Time line is like this. South Park makes fun of a whole bunch of other religions, and other people. Then South Park makes fun of Scientology and Tom. A year Later, BTW Hayes still was collecting his checks during that year per the creators of South Park, Hayes leaves the South Park Team over creative issues, and in particular picking on Religions. This time frame for Hayes to leave just so happens to co-incide with the soon to be launched MI-3.

The Tribute to Chef was aired per Comedy Central and Hayes is no longer on the Team.

The South PArk Creators have brought Chef back (* The episode I have not seen but aired *), that has a "new" chef in it, and also has a nice speach at the end that people should not be upset with Chef. They should be upset with the group that made him act that way.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Paul,

That epidsode is what caused the problems. IT was originally scheduled for air on Wednesday night. It was supposedly pulled to play two episodes about Chef, for a tribute to him.

The side story on the internet and quoted here, is that Tom Cruise said he would not support MI-3 if it (* The South Park Episode *) was aired.

So you have Comedy Channel and the Creators of South Park saying two different things.

All the episodes have been aired in the USA already. Time line is like this. South Park makes fun of a whole bunch of other religions, and other people. Then South Park makes fun of Scientology and Tom. A year Later, BTW Hayes still was collecting his checks during that year per the creators of South Park, Hayes leaves the South Park Team over creative issues, and in particular picking on Religions. This time frame for Hayes to leave just so happens to co-incide with the soon to be launched MI-3.

The Tribute to Chef was aired per Comedy Central and Hayes is no longer on the Team.

The South PArk Creators have brought Chef back (* The episode I have not seen but aired *), that has a "new" chef in it, and also has a nice speach at the end that people should not be upset with Chef. They should be upset with the group that made him act that way.

I got all that. But I was confused if the episode that TOm Cruse "stopped" from airing had been aired before or not. It sounded like it had been aired before, and it was the scientology episode that I have seen already. It also sounds like Tom Cruse didn't really stop anything, the media is just being retarded again, and that they ran the two part episode instead of airing a re-run of the original controversial episode.

Do I got it now?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I got all that. But I was confused if the episode that TOm Cruse "stopped" from airing had been aired before or not. It sounded like it had been aired before, and it was the scientology episode that I have seen already. It also sounds like Tom Cruse didn't really stop anything, the media is just being retarded again, and that they ran the two part episode instead of airing a re-run of the original controversial episode.

Do I got it now?

Yes.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
... and the catholics and muslims don't?

Don't recall Catholics threatening to sue or boycott over the episode that had the Catholic church being run by a giant spider... Among other things.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Don't recall Catholics threatening to sue or boycott over the episode that had the Catholic church being run by a giant spider... Among other things.

If I remember correctly the Mormons didn't sue either, but then again they were depicted as the only ones that go to heaven

patroldawg27

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous and extremly hypocritical for Isaac Hayes to get so bent out of shape because they blasted his beloved celebrity religion. I'm sure he laughed hystercally and had no problems bashing everyone else though! Pathetic

Latest Discussions